Tuesday, June 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Is anyone tired of Bendis???

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Porcelain38

dINGO

Postby Porcelain38 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

PUNCHY AND TWIG STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS THREAD!
I MEAN IT! :x :x

Ok, to anyone who isn't a member of the Bendis Cult, is anyone getting tired of Bendis? I mean I remember when he only did Daredevil and Ultimate Spidy and he was golden. Ever since taking on 5 books a month I think he's spreading himself way to thin. He's not as good as he used to be.

I was looking foreward to just buying one sole flagship Avengers book a month which was gonna be top notch,

Now we have:

Avengers---Bendis & JRJR
Secret Avengers--Brubaker & Dedotato
(NEW) NEW Avengers--Bendis & Immon
Avengers: Trinity --- Bendis & Davis
A "Avengers Academy" book ---???
Young Avengers book later this year---???
Thunderbolts-- Parker & ???

That's as of right now 7 Avengers books. That's 3 more than what's already on shelves. Why in god's name do we need 7 Avengers books? We're even having characters overlap teams (Cage & Spidy). What's the point in spreading out these characters so thin as opposed to having one good solid Avengers book?

Throw in at least 5 Avengers books, two Ulimate Books, Powers, and whatever else he may have going on, Bendis is writing anywhere from 6-8 books this year,

Why does Marvel feel the need to give every book to Bendis?

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm

He should write all comic books. Even those weird Female Force books about female politicians.

That would be awesome.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Avengers Trinity is just a mini so who cares.

2 Avengers books
Ultimate Spidey

That's it really.

Isn't Johns writing more? Kirkman? Ellis?

Porcelain38

dINGO

Postby Porcelain38 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Ellis gets a pass because he's so damn crazy and late on delivering scpirts on time. Everything is delayed and you forget what books are his. I'm still waiting for new issues of Fell.

Johns has Flash, GL, Blackest Night and Brighest Day.

Kirkman has Invinicble, Walking Dead, Wolfman (which is ending), and Haunt.

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Is Spiderwoman still a monthly/coming out?

I'm trade waiting on that.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Frag It wrote:Avengers Trinity is just a mini so who cares.

2 Avengers books
Ultimate Spidey

Spider-Woman
Powers

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I got tired of Bendis a long time ago. A really long time ago.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm tired of Marvel at the moment.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Porcelain38 wrote:Throw in at least 5 Avengers books, two Ulimate Books, Powers, and whatever else he may have going on, Bendis is writing anywhere from 6-8 books this year,

I don't know where you get 5 Avengers books- other than attributing every Avengers book to him, even though the writers on those books have been announced/rumored to be not him.

He's doing:
Avengers mini (probably already written)
Avengers
New Avengers
Spider-Woman
Ult. Spidey
That other Ultimate book (also probably already written by now)
Powers.

He's always written a lot. I actually think his team writing skills have never been better than on Dark Avengers. He's writing that (and Ult. Comics Spidey, which is also enjoyable) while doing a comparable number. I'm sure some of these are bound to be mediocre, but a couple will stand out.

beioski

cheese

Postby beioski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 pm

right now, i think dark avengers is awesome, but he kind of seems to be phoning it in with new avengers. i am wondering if that trend will continue.

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Currently not reading anything by Bendis, so no. Most of the stuff I have read from Bendis are pretty good though.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:44 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:I don't know where you get 5 Avengers books- other than attributing every Avengers book to him, even though the writers on those books have been announced/rumored to be not him.

He's doing:
Avengers mini (probably already written)
Avengers
New Avengers
Spider-Woman
Ult. Spidey
That other Ultimate book (also probably already written by now)
Powers.

He's always written a lot. I actually think his team writing skills have never been better than on Dark Avengers. He's writing that (and Ult. Comics Spidey, which is also enjoyable) while doing a comparable number. I'm sure some of these are bound to be mediocre, but a couple will stand out.

I'll give you Dark Avengers. That was very good, and easily his best "team" book.

But the overall quality of his books declines when he writes a lot.

I wish he'd just stick to Spider-Woman, Powers, and one team book.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 pm

only a loser would be tired of bendis

LobsterJ

phrase IV

Postby LobsterJ » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 pm

I never read a Bendis coming before he came on Avengers. I stuck with NA through maybe 30 issues before I gave up. I had heard such hype about his other books, it took me that long to realize "This guy is a terrible writer and this book is not going to improve."

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 pm

LobsterJ wrote:I never read a Bendis coming before he came on Avengers. I stuck with NA through maybe 30 issues before I gave up. I had heard such hype about his other books, it took me that long to realize "This guy is a terrible writer and this book is not going to improve."

I really liked the first 30 or so issues. This meandering around since SI with the Hood and Osborn hasn't made for good stories to me.

leave a comment with facebook