Advertisement

Aquaman #3 (Humans Or Dogs, It's all Spoilers to them)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Aquaman #3 (Humans Or Dogs, It's all Spoilers to them)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:32 am

I once again rolled my eyes at the typical Geoff Johns father issues and the clichéd attempts to make Mera cool, but other than that, this was damn good. Johns is doing a good job of developing Aquaman’s world and back-story, and along with introducing Stephen Shin, there’s a hint of a mystery around how Aquaman got his trident. Johns is always laying down plot-pipes like this, but I hope he doesn’t take too long to get around to answering some of these questions. The art from Ivan Reis was great as always, but I do think this book would be improved if Aquaman was still rocking those awesome sideburns like he is in Justice League.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 589 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Aquaman #3 (Humans Or Dogs, It's all Spoilers to them)

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Another fantastic issue of Aquaman! While I have never had a problem with the character and have always sort of enjoyed him, I honestly never thought that an Aquaman solo title would consistently be in my top 10 books each month. Johns is really going the extra mile in his attempt to reinvigorate Arthur.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah I am loving this book so far. It is in my top 3 favorite DCnU books along with Batman and The Flash.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 61 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Good book but I wish it would pick up the pace a bit, and I'm feeling that way about many of the DCnu books.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:33 am

I tried this book when the DCnu hit mostly because Reis was on art. I've been pleasantly surprised how much I'm enjoying it. It's behind Batman as my second favorite DC book.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 am

Yeah, feels like this could have all been told in 1.5 issues instead of 3 but I'm enjoying an Aquaman comic for the first time in ... ever, so I'm going to just sit back and see how long the ride lasts.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 196 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 am

Likewise, I'm really liking this title. The art is beautiful. The plot is a bit slow but I'm enjoying the characterization and flashbacks to Orin and his dad. I don't think it's forced at all. Mera has been cool since Blackest Night and so far, her "screen-time" has been as a supporting player. Hoping she gets more action and fighting soon 8)
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand