Monday, July 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Archie Comics Teasing Mega Man/Sonic Crossover for 2013

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 am

Archie Comics Teasing Mega Man/Sonic Crossover for 2013USA Today writer/blogger/editor Brain Truitt posted an image on his Twitter teasing a crossover event from Archie Comics in the near future involving a certain Blue Bomber and Blue Blur.

megasonic

In the entry he had this to say:

Hmmm. Just got this in a super-duper top-secret email from @archiecomics. Wonder what this could be about?

It should be also noted that both Archie comics of Mega Man and Sonic are written by the same writer, Ian Flynn. We'll be reporting more news via Archie once they release more info during the San Diego Comic Con this week.

Written or Contributed by: Zechs

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/comics-news/20328-archie-comics-teasing-mega-mansonic-crossover-for-2013.html/

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am

With the shoes and helmet off, I hope they are not off having sex.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:58 am

This would have been the greatest thing ever when I was 10.

SilverPhoenix

Staff Writer

Postby SilverPhoenix » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 am

You know what's really sad? The fact that if it does happen, it'll be the 2013 crossover I'll be the most hyped for. Both comics are not just excellent comics for kids, but they're damn good comics. I'm fucking serious.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:49 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:You know what's really sad? The fact that if it does happen, it'll be the 2013 crossover I'll be the most hyped for. Both comics are not just excellent comics for kids, but they're damn good comics. I'm fucking serious.

Yeah both comics are on a role. Though I only read Mega Man in trade. I love the Protomen homages the book has given the world.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:25 pm

The picture reminds me of "Collide" by Howie Day.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 am

The owner of my LCS told me there was zero buzz for this crossover. None of his other customers had even mentioned it. No customer even has Mega Man on their pull list. Of course this guy is still stuck with Fear Itself tie-ins, so I understand why he chose not to order this. But the lack of fan interest surprises me, because the series seems to have such a broad appeal.

leave a comment with facebook