Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Are There Really No Black Writers in Mainstream Comics Today?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:12 pm

This is such a pathetic opinion. There's not enough Blacks/Latinos/Women/WHATEVER writing comics. But there's always this attitude "I'm a minority and i'm not writing comics, so I'll bitch about my race/gender"

Here's a thing. What does the writer want? Eric Wallace parachuted onto Avengers? Black writers given books they don't deserve? Writers have to earn their shot. Maybe if Wallace hadn't tanked Mister Terrific and Titans.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:24 pm

oogy wrote:Maybe there aren't enough white women. :P

Holy fuck! You've solved it!

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

I've been single for five years, so I agree with that statement

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 pm

The Bass is black?! All y'all are motherfuckin racists!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Log-Man wrote:Black people don't read comics, why would they write them?

This is both true and untrue. They don't read comics except in prison.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:The Bass is black?! All y'all are motherfuckin racists!

I am very, very white, I can assure you.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm

The Bass wrote:
I am very, very white, I can assure you.

We could bestow you with honorary black poster status since or numbers are dwindling.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Fuck that, I don't want to be a whiny minority. I'm oppressed enough as it is.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 pm

If you're going to be whiny anyway, might as well be a part of the whiny majority.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 pm

The Bass wrote:Fuck that, I don't want to be a whiny minority. I'm oppressed enough as it is.

Are you saying that black people are whiny?

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I think every minority is whiny about something.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Do the Black Irish count?

Hab

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 pm

The Bass wrote:I think every minority is whiny about something.

Then I see why everyone here thinks you're an idiot and doesn't take you seriously.

Try being a racial minority. Just paint your face black for a day and tweet about it.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Keb wrote:Then I see why everyone here thinks you're an idiot and doesn't take you seriously.

Try being a racial minority. Just paint your face black for a day and tweet about it.

I apologise. It definitely came out wrong. I'll reiterate my initial point: It's an easy stick to beat comics with - "There's no black writers at the Big Two". What I'm curious isn't the "Why", its "Why Not". Writers - of ANY colour, shouldnt have work handed to them, and instead should earn it

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

The Bass wrote:
I apologise. It definitely came out wrong. I'll reiterate my initial point: It's an easy stick to beat comics with - "There's no black writers at the Big Two". What I'm curious isn't the "Why", its "Why Not". Writers - of ANY colour, shouldnt have work handed to them, and instead should earn it

No prob. I agree that minorities shouldn't be handed things because they are minorities.

leave a comment with facebook