Advertisement

DC Artist Scott Clark Deceased

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 am

Clark was 43

Source: ComicBook.com

According to his private Facebook page, Scott Clark, a longtime DC Comics artist, passed away last night. Clark, whose break came at Jim Lee's WildStorm imprint, was most recently drawing in the New 52 for Deathstroke, as well as doing covers for  Grifter.

Working in comics since the 90s, Clark had made a name for himself drawing Stormwatch as well as other previous work for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Aspen Comics, and beyond included Brightest Day, Adventure Comics, Cable, Fathom, Flashpoint: Wonder Woman, Irredeemable, Batman Inc., and much more.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Re: DC Artist Scott Clark Deceased

Postby Chesscub » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 am

I always liked his artwork especially when he was working for Wildstorm.

RIP :-(

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 330 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 am

God, that's almost my age. :shock:

RIP Scott

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 am

RIP

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 pm

That's just far too young. RIP.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Such a shame. I know I have some of his books.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 805 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Too young.

Condolences to his family, friends and fans.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 307 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

43 is way too young to die.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

One of the better artists that worked at DC. RIP.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Brian Denham wrote:Scott Clark was a comic industry peer. Scott has been intertwined in my life, professionally and personally for 2 decades. He passed away and it bothers me deeply. We came up around the same time at image Comics. He was with Wildstorm, I was with Extreme. He worked on Spawn Wildcats, I worked on Violator Badrock. He divorced his first wife, I married her. I was a father to his son Andrew for a while, he's a half brother to both my kids.

In 1992 or so Scott Clark and his wife LeeAnn invited a young Scott Kurtz to stay with them at their house during Comic Con, that was his first exposure to Image Comics and CCI. The two Scotts and LeeAnn visited Wildstorm and Kurtz got a shock to the system of the goings on there. Kurtz at the time shopped at the comic shop I worked at, Heroes Comics in Ft. Worth. He told me of the studio life and I was hired by Rob liefeld and went to Extreme right after. A few years later when Clark split from his ex she moved to Ft. Worth at random to get away from California and because she had talked to Kurtz on Compuserve and as he was the only person she knew she chose to move to Texas, she moved into an apartment where an ex-girlfriend of mine worked in the apartment office. Scott Clark and his inker Chris Carlson who were both working on Alpha Flight at the time had moved to Texas and next door to his ex to be around his son. One day they overslept from working all night and watching Thundercats on CN, and missed a Fed Ex delivery from Marvel Comics. When they went to the apartment office to get the package my ex-gf talked to them about me and that I drew comics and we should hang out. This led me to meeting Chris, but I moved to San Antonio that week to start drawing for Antarctic press. Chris the inker and LeeAnn the colorist (They all 3 worked on Alpha Flight at the time) decided to follow and lived in San Antonio to be around more artists. Scott had just met his soon to be new wife, Kim and they started their new life together. Scott got me my first work with Marvel filling in for him on Alpha Flight. I helped Scott pitch his creator-owned series, Star Godz, to Antarctic Press and they helped get his vision out there. Because of the wonderful people who helped me start my career, and Scott for doing the same, I helped get Kurtz his first published work. I started a relationship with Scott's ex and soon married her, and raised his son like my own for a couple of years. I eventually had 2 of my own but Andrew went back to live full-time with Scott. After my divorce I moved back to Texas (Again) with my 2 kids and Scott and I talked a couple of times. Our children are blood related and we were forever going to be a part of that circle. A few more years passed and last summer Scott wrote me out of the blue with a simple, "hey." we started talking and trying to connect his son with his extended family. Scott was wondering how my art was and told me he would help me get work at DC Comics. His love for comics and games is unmatched. He was always trying to stretch what both artforms were and take them to the next level. He believed in me and wanted me to archieve my best.

I was going to write Scott this week to check in and talk shop but did not. I am sorry I didn't. Scott has always been a fan of art and expression. Image Comics started the careers of a lot of new artists and some have passed on already; Michael Turner, Drew Posada and the list goes on..

I feel for those who knew Scott closely, and Kim and Andrew will always be in my thoughts. He loved his son deeply, and was proud of the man he became. He loved his wife Kim and shared in her wonderful artistry.

I'm sorry for such a long post but it's important to remember over time how many lives are touched by a single person. Scott touched many in a positive way and they are paying it forward. Take the time to do the same, touch the stream and change the course of a river.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/fron ... post512039

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand