Advertisement

Avengers Academy #17 (No casualties Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Avengers Academy #17 (No casualties Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:11 am

They’re not actually going to kill one of the kids are they? Oh shit they are. This issue was frankly brilliant. It got across the horrors of War (no casualties indeed), found time for a little bit of a breather and some great character moments and even a bit of humour (why yes, it is inappropriate for a teacher to dress like Tigra), and then… BOOM. The Academy kids are just so outclassed by Hammer-Titania and Hammer-Creel, when they can destroy something that’s supposed to be infinite; you know there’s trouble. It’s a good job we only have 2 weeks to wait until the next issue, because I am on tenterhooks.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Avengers Academy #17 (No casualties Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:27 am

well she probably thought it was appropriate to dress like that, after the stellar example that emma gives..

I hope that its not Reptil that bites it...

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 357 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 am

That was a great issue.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 881 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

e_galston wrote:well she probably thought it was appropriate to dress like that, after the stellar example that emma gives..

I hope that its not Reptil that bites it...

Because he is likable it just might be.

Then again, there was a tiny bit of buzz around his creation (for the Super Hero Squad) so hoping not.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 am

Only reason i'm thinking its Reptil is the fact that he's not on the cover for the issue when they move to LA, and if its Veil there goes some potential drama between her and hazmat, and she'd feel guilty that after she killed the nazis, that reptil died instead of her..

Dalarsco
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Dalarsco » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 am

Amazing. My favorite part was when...I can't remember who now, I think either Luke Cage or Falcon...was talking to the kids about Bucky being in surgery or some bullshit and then stopped and told them the truth.
Something that everyone should know: There is no objective good and very little objective bad in entertainment media. Of the objective bad, much of it is unintentionally hilarious which gives it entertainment value for some people. If you understood this then 99% of your petty arguments would never happen. Learn to realize that you have different tastes then the guy you are arguing with and move on. And before someone calls me a hypocrite, notice that I never go in calling something bad. I always go in to defend something.
mike oxbig (on someone other than me) wrote: Also, you have a terrible personality. Nothing personal man, it happens.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand