Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Avengers Academy #21 (Didn't they die last week? Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:40 am

Once again Marvel get a little bit cheeky with the whole ‘1ST ISSUE…..(of a new era)’ thing. I know it boosts sales, but it’s silly. This was a good issue as usual, and though it is a new era, it’s still recognisable as the same book, but given a fresh lease on life. It was great seeing all those other minor teen characters show up in the background, and the introduction of Julie Power and White Tiger to the team is a great idea (I particularly liked White Tiger’s attitude towards Reptil for not getting involved in the Latino community), but it’s great that Gage hasn’t forgotten about his central characters. The original class have a lot of depth for characters who’ve been in less than 30 comics, and it was very interesting to see their fears come to boil in their fight with Cap, Hawkeye and Luke Cage. Jocasta’s murder is an interesting hook for future storylines, but I’m not sure about the time-travel, evil future versions thing, it’s been too many times really.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am

I'm already enjoying this book more than I was. The move to LA was a smart idea.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Probably my favorite comic this week.

leave a comment with facebook