Advertisement

Avengers Academy #21 (Didn't they die last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #21 (Didn't they die last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:40 am

Once again Marvel get a little bit cheeky with the whole ‘1ST ISSUE…..(of a new era)’ thing. I know it boosts sales, but it’s silly. This was a good issue as usual, and though it is a new era, it’s still recognisable as the same book, but given a fresh lease on life. It was great seeing all those other minor teen characters show up in the background, and the introduction of Julie Power and White Tiger to the team is a great idea (I particularly liked White Tiger’s attitude towards Reptil for not getting involved in the Latino community), but it’s great that Gage hasn’t forgotten about his central characters. The original class have a lot of depth for characters who’ve been in less than 30 comics, and it was very interesting to see their fears come to boil in their fight with Cap, Hawkeye and Luke Cage. Jocasta’s murder is an interesting hook for future storylines, but I’m not sure about the time-travel, evil future versions thing, it’s been too many times really.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Re: Avengers Academy #21 (Didn't they die last week? Spoiler

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am

I'm already enjoying this book more than I was. The move to LA was a smart idea.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 331 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Avengers Academy #21 (Didn't they die last week? Spoiler

Postby e_galston » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Probably my favorite comic this week.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand