Advertisement

Avengers Academy #31 (Let's go with feet Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #31 (Let's go with feet Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Avengers Academy continues to subvert my expectations for what an AvX tie-in in this title would be. So yes, while this issue does feature the two sides finally coming to blows, it’s a fake fight, one designed to let the X-Kids go without pissing off Captain America and Wolverine. This was very clever writing from Christos Gage, as it showed that while these characters may be rash and stupid at times because of their youth, it also highlighted one of the benefits of being young, in that you’re less entrenched in your views, more willing to change your mind about things, because you’ve not grown up yet. It says a lot about how stubborn Cap and Cyclops are being that these dumb kids could do what they couldn’t. Gage also surprised me with the way he used Sebastian Shaw in this issue, I had thought for sure that he remembered who he was and returned to his evil ways, but no, he was still on the side of the X-Kids. These days you’re very rarely surprised by superhero comics, so Gage deserves a lot of praise for managing to do so regularly, one of the real advantages of using new characters.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand