Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Avengers Academy #20 (West Coast Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:00 pm

A very well-done coda to the insanity that was this book’s Fear Itself tie-in, and whilst I’m sure that Veil will still be a presence in the book, it really does feel like the end of an era. It’s great that this book is willing to risk a change and mix things up, and I’m very much looking forward to all of the other teen characters like X-23 and the Runaways showing up, it’s also sad to see the band break up. I did like that Gage brought Jeremy Briggs from #13.1 back into the book, he was a really interesting character and I like anything that tries to move superhero comics beyond the ‘good guy/bad guy’ dichotomy, he’s a post-modern villain. It’s also cool that Gage is sending Speedball and Justice off on a road trip, can a New Warriors revival be far behind? I’m sure it will be, and then be cancelled after 5 issues.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:31 pm

i liked this issue. I read the letters page, and Gage pretty much said Veil will still be around.

As far as a New Warriors book, maybe McKeever can take it on, use Speedball and Justice, Firestar and Gravity, and maybe Cloud 9

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 am

e_galston wrote:As far as a New Warriors book, maybe McKeever can take it on, use Speedball and Justice, Firestar and Gravity, and maybe Cloud 9

i like that idea.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

End of an era? Its not even been 2 years worth of issues. I'd say Era is at least 5 years. But yea it does suck that she might be leaving the team for a while.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53 am

One of the best books in print.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 am

Awesome issue. I was proud of Robbie and a little surprised at Vance, but can't wait to see if anything comes out of that. Veil will be back. Looking forward to seeing Julie Power in the book. Its about time the other members of PP started to get some attention besides Alex.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

MistaT wrote:Awesome issue. I was proud of Robbie and a little surprised at Vance, but can't wait to see if anything comes out of that. Veil will be back. Looking forward to seeing Julie Power in the book. Its about time the other members of PP started to get some attention besides Alex.

I think it'll be interesting to see X-23 in there with Juston and his Sentinel.

leave a comment with facebook