Advertisement

Avengers Academy #20 (West Coast Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #20 (West Coast Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:00 pm

A very well-done coda to the insanity that was this book’s Fear Itself tie-in, and whilst I’m sure that Veil will still be a presence in the book, it really does feel like the end of an era. It’s great that this book is willing to risk a change and mix things up, and I’m very much looking forward to all of the other teen characters like X-23 and the Runaways showing up, it’s also sad to see the band break up. I did like that Gage brought Jeremy Briggs from #13.1 back into the book, he was a really interesting character and I like anything that tries to move superhero comics beyond the ‘good guy/bad guy’ dichotomy, he’s a post-modern villain. It’s also cool that Gage is sending Speedball and Justice off on a road trip, can a New Warriors revival be far behind? I’m sure it will be, and then be cancelled after 5 issues.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 435 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Avengers Academy #20 (West Coast Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:31 pm

i liked this issue. I read the letters page, and Gage pretty much said Veil will still be around.

As far as a New Warriors book, maybe McKeever can take it on, use Speedball and Justice, Firestar and Gravity, and maybe Cloud 9

pat
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby pat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 am

e_galston wrote:As far as a New Warriors book, maybe McKeever can take it on, use Speedball and Justice, Firestar and Gravity, and maybe Cloud 9

i like that idea.
Frank, sometimes I really wish you didn't beat that cancer.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 182 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

End of an era? Its not even been 2 years worth of issues. I'd say Era is at least 5 years. But yea it does suck that she might be leaving the team for a while.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 225 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53 am

One of the best books in print.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 am

Awesome issue. I was proud of Robbie and a little surprised at Vance, but can't wait to see if anything comes out of that. Veil will be back. Looking forward to seeing Julie Power in the book. Its about time the other members of PP started to get some attention besides Alex.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 182 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

MistaT wrote:Awesome issue. I was proud of Robbie and a little surprised at Vance, but can't wait to see if anything comes out of that. Veil will be back. Looking forward to seeing Julie Power in the book. Its about time the other members of PP started to get some attention besides Alex.

I think it'll be interesting to see X-23 in there with Juston and his Sentinel.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand