Advertisement

Avengers Academy #27 (YOU MADE ME PEE IN MY PANTS Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Avengers Academy #27 (YOU MADE ME PEE IN MY PANTS Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Man, I’ve missed The Runaways. It was just so great to have them back in this issue, they’ve always been favourites and reading this took me back to my teenage years. Gage wrote the Runaways really well, and he managed to fit in all the continuity connections you could have wanted, without making it seem to fanboyish. Moments like Victor meeting his ‘grandfather’ in Hank Pym and Karolina reconnecting with Julie Power were things we’ve always been waiting for. Gage also found time for connections between The Runaways and characters who didn’t even exist when we last saw them! I really liked the scene with Nico and Hazmat. But this issue isn’t just about The Runaways, Avengers Academy still had a role here, and I think what I liked the most was Striker’s press conference where he came out as gay. I loved that his realising his sexuality didn’t change who he was as a person (ie, a self-publicising jerk). Too often in comics homosexual characters are whiter-than-white so as not too offend anyone, but Striker is a douche no matter who he sleeps with, and it was refreshing to see that. Karl Moline’s art was very strong, perhaps the best I’ve ever seen it, in fact at times it reminded me of old Stuart Immonen, back in the late 90s, early 2000s, before he got such a clean line. Overall, this was a great issue and I can’t wait for the next one, but please, can we get The Runaways their own series again please? Please?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand