Advertisement

Avengers Assemble #5 (Project Cosmic Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Assemble #5 (Project Cosmic Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:27 am

Whilst I’m still kind of perturbed that Bendis hasn’t given us an explanation as to exactly how Star-Lord isn’t dead and the Guardians are back together, this was still a very good comic, and I’m very glad to have the GotG back together again and being bad-asses. Even Rocket Raccoon kicked ass here, whether he was shooting Badoons in the face or asking for Pizza, he was refreshingly played straight here, not too jokey. I also liked the explanation given from the Guardians about how Earth is now off-limits for aliens due to constant meddling, holding us back and making us dangerous. Of course it couldn’t last and Thanos found a way around it. It’s going to be fun to see these two teams join forces and take down the big purple douchebag. The scene with Hulk and Cap questioning the General was good stuff, and I guess I should have seen it coming that the Cosmic Cube would be involved in this story, as this book is so indebted to the Avengers movie. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t been renamed to ‘The Tesseract’. The Hawkeye/Black Widow stuff that takes up the cover is a little odd, Bendis is putting quite a bit of energy over in New Avengers to setting up a Hawkeye/Spider-Woman romance, so what’s he playing at here? At least they mentioned that he had a girlfriend. And where’s Mockingbird in all this? Clint Barton, you slut. Hopefully this is what Fraction’s solo series will be about, not crime-fighting, just trying to make sense of his love life.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1008 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Avengers Assemble #5 (Project Cosmic Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanos and Star Lord have both returned from the Cancerverse (which collapsed around them), Drax has mysteriously returned from the dead, there is no Groot, and Bendis provides absolutely no explanation whatsoever. I am really regretting my decision to start reading this series. :smt102
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 528 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Avengers Assemble #5 (Project Cosmic Spoilers)

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Any hints of a spaceknights appearance (I have it but am behind on issues)? Just wondering since they solicited the collection of spaceknights mini from a little ago in the most recent marvel solicitations...
Image Image Image ImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand