Advertisement

Avengers Assemble #3 (Warrior Of Death Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Assemble #3 (Warrior Of Death Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

What a difference a month makes, last time out I kind of made fun of this book for just being there to sell movie tickets or whatever, but now, after actually seeing the glory that is the Avengers movie… I absolutely loved this issue. Reading this just reminded me of how great the movie was, and by extension, how great these characters and concepts are. This issue was full of stuff from the movie, not just the main characters, but also the prominent roles for Maria Hill and the SHIELD heli-carrier. The movie was Marvel Comics come to life, and this kept up that same spirit and tone, just classic superhero stories done right and with a sense of humour. And then of course, there’s the final page reveal of who the secret villain behind the Zodiac is. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen this character, and he’s also the secret villain behind the Chitauri in the movie, so it was brilliant to see him show up again. It is weird though, the plan in this book doesn’t seem like what he’d normally do. Notice how hard I’m trying not to spoil it. It’s difficult as hell, in the mean-time, Mark Bagley draws an awesome Hulk.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand