Advertisement

Avengers Assemble #4 (Weakest of minds Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 56 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Assemble #4 (Weakest of minds Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:34 am

More fun with Marvel’s Movie-Stars, and this time it’s serious as Thanos here and he’s kicking ass. We don’t get to hear much about his plans or why he’s back, but was just a bad-ass here, just standing there barely moving, talking smack to Thor and getting the Hulk to do his business. If this is any hint as to how he’s going to be depicted in ‘Avengers 2’ then that movie is going to be epic. Mark Bagley really got to cut loose with this issue, he gave us action in the classic mighty Marvel manner and then some. I also liked the quieter moments, like Black Widow’s interrogation of the lead Zodiac guy. I thought it was cool that Bendis brought back the Hood’s consigliere John King, if only because it will piss off the element of the Avengers fanbase that hate all things Hood. I did find it odd at the end that Iron Man was saying cosmic threats like Thanos are above the Avengers, they’ve fought him quite a few times haven’t they? But that doesn’t matter really, because the Guardians Of The Galaxy know all about Thanos and they’re back too! Like Thanos, we don’t get any explanation as to how Starlord isn’t dead or how the team is back together, and I hope Bendis has a good one up his sleeve. Thanos Imperative was a great story and I’d be annoyed to see it undone in a crappy way. Perhaps it would have been better to use The Annihilators?

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 847 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Avengers Assemble #4 (Weakest of minds Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 am

Punchy wrote:I did find it odd at the end that Iron Man was saying cosmic threats like Thanos are above the Avengers, they’ve fought him quite a few times haven’t they?

I found that comment a little odd as well. Maybe the Avengers are a little rusty in the cosmic department since they were too busy fighting each other during the first Annihilation and haven't really fought someone the caliber of Thanos since well before Bendis took over the book.

But that doesn’t matter really, because the Guardians Of The Galaxy know all about Thanos and they’re back too! Like Thanos, we don’t get any explanation as to how Starlord isn’t dead or how the team is back together, and I hope Bendis has a good one up his sleeve.

I am excited that Starlord is back because that opens up the potential for Richard Rider, the real Nova, to return soon. However, 2 things bugged me about the page featuring the cameo by the Guardians of the Galaxy. #1, where is Groot? #2, why isn't Starlord in his GotG costume?

Perhaps it would have been better to use The Annihilators?

Well, Ronan kind of has his own troubles right now, the Silver Surfer is hanging out with the Defenders, and Gladiator is looking for his son while he sends death commandos after a teen girl. I think that they may have their hands full. Plus Thor, Hulk, Ronan, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, AND Gladiator vs. Thanos?! Thats not the type of fight that you just throw out all willy nilly.
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 472 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Avengers Assemble #4 (Weakest of minds Spoilers)

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Sakie wrote:
I found that comment a little odd as well. Maybe the Avengers are a little rusty in the cosmic department since they were too busy fighting each other during the first Annihilation and haven't really fought someone the caliber of Thanos since well before Bendis took over the book.

I am excited that Starlord is back because that opens up the potential for Richard Rider, the real Nova, to return soon. However, 2 things bugged me about the page featuring the cameo by the Guardians of the Galaxy. #1, where is Groot? #2, why isn't Starlord in his GotG costume?

Well, Ronan kind of has his own troubles right now, the Silver Surfer is hanging out with the Defenders, and Gladiator is looking for his son while he sends death commandos after a teen girl. I think that they may have their hands full. Plus Thor, Hulk, Ronan, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, AND Gladiator vs. Thanos?! Thats not the type of fight that you just throw out all willy nilly.

Don't forget She-ROM
ImageImageImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand