Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Avengers: Children's Crusade #8 (Not-so-Secret war Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 am

Does this book have the longest recap page ever or what? And it needs it! Lots happens here and it’s delayed so long that you forget. This issue basically boiled down to a big fight against Doom and a strange homage to Secret Wars, but it worked, especially with Cheung’s fantastic artwork, but did anyone else feel that Wiccan’s speech to Cyclops about how everyone else had been a villain before or whatever was a bit like a forum post come to life? It was a little cheesy. The ending was good though, I knew Heinberg wouldn’t kill Scott Lang off so soon, but I didn’t expect him to kill Cassie instead! Of course she’ll probably be back in #9, but until then, consider me surprised.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 am

Is this the end of Cheung's plans for the YA? I know he had first dibs or whatever that was keeping anyone else from handling the characters, but I would really like to see a ongoing from this group. The series has been fun though.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 pm

I am shocked the younger Vision didn't bite it. SHOCKED.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 pm

MistaT wrote:Is this the end of Cheung's plans for the YA? I know he had first dibs or whatever that was keeping anyone else from handling the characters, but I would really like to see a ongoing from this group. The series has been fun though.

Cheung's just the artist...

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Zechs wrote:I am shocked the younger Vision didn't bite it. SHOCKED.

series ain't over yet...

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 pm

chap22 wrote:series ain't over yet...

yeah i have a feeling that Cassie will be brought back and Vision and Scott will be gone by the last issue.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:41 pm

e_galston wrote:
Cheung's just the artist...

:oops: I knew that...

meant Heinberg :oops:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm

e_galston wrote:
yeah i have a feeling that Cassie will be brought back and Vision and Scott will be gone by the last issue.

my thoughts as well.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:12 pm

e_galston wrote:

I believe the Avengers series by Bendis is taking place after this though and the Vision is alive and well again there. :smt102

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:20 pm

doombug wrote:I believe the Avengers series by Bendis is taking place after this though and the Vision is alive and well again there. :smt102

There are 2 Visions.

Younger Vision from Young Avengers, and regular Vision.

Tony just rebuilt the real Vision recently.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
There are 2 Visions.

Younger Vision from Young Avengers, and regular Vision.

Tony just rebuilt the real Vision recently.

so he thinks young vision is going to bite it than ?

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:32 pm

doombug wrote:I believe the Avengers series by Bendis is taking place after this though and the Vision is alive and well again there. :smt102

well lets see this mini series isn't in the same place time line wise with Avengers, and since there is only the YA Vision in this story, one would think that's what one is talking about when talking about the book..

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm

The only vision in Children's Crusade has been kid Vision.

Normal Vision was JUST rebuilt.. like.. the last issue of Avengers (or New?)

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Holland Oats wrote:The only vision in Children's Crusade has been kid Vision.

Normal Vision was JUST rebuilt.. like.. the last issue of Avengers (or New?)

which Bendis has said does take place after Children's Crusade.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm

doombug wrote:which Bendis has said does take place after Children's Crusade.

Yes.

I don't understand what is confusing here.

leave a comment with facebook