Advertisement

Avengers vs. X-Men #2 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 515 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Avengers vs. X-Men #2 (spoilers)

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am

Log-Man wrote:
Hmm, having the Phoenix destroy everything would be the perfect premise for a universe reboot.

Just sayin'.

And they will come back pieced together from a weird memory... living in a giant blue ball.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Advertisement

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 144 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 am

Punchy wrote:If Marvel do a Universal reboot I will eat my hat, they'll never do it, ever.

Don't say never...

sdsichero wrote:And they will come back pieced together from a weird memory... living in a giant blue ball.

Exactly.

Besides, the Ultimate Universe was essentially a 'reboot.' Marvel does these things, too, they just follow a different format than DC.

That being said, I don't think that's what they're heading for here. I was joking. Mostly.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 685 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Go Cyclops!!

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 141 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 pm

When Cap's sheild smacked Cyclops right in the visor? What I was waiting for. That. Right there.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 440 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm

prozacman wrote:Given that this is Bendis it should come up soon. It could be that Professor X thinks Bishop is right and asks Logan whack Hope to prevents the future that Bishop is from. He's not just taking Bishop's word for it. Madrox and Layla were there too and have the tattoos to prove it.

except its not "bendis" issue 2 was Aaron... if the illuminati come into play it'll be in one of the Avengers books where Bendis is writing it by himself.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 134 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 pm

There were a lot of bits that I couldn't enjoy this issue. (And really, Cyc is basically what Tony was in the main Civil War book at this point)

I did enjoy Peter following Logan in to the belly of the beast so to speak to help him out, I thought that was a fun nod to their relationship.

But seriously, Scott's lost his damn mind at this point.

And has Hope gone full Phoenix on us at the end there?

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Loved all of this, and yeah, everyone's right on the mark concerning Cyclops. He's gone full villain (nothing that can't be redeemed just yet though). An interesting point regarding who's "right".... In Wolverine and The Xmen this week,
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
both Rachel and Quentin confirmed that the Phoenix is coming to destroy, not save. Both of them had apocalyptic visons. When you factor in Scarlet Witch's dream, i think its pretty obvious that Scott is just ignoring reason. I wonder if Emma experienced psychic nightmares as well....should be interesting if that comes into play at all.

at the end of the day though, i cannot comprehend why Scott won't just let the Avengers take Hope off planet, even as a precaution. If she became some sort of Messiah, she would come back to earth. If she wasn't they could quarantine her so she doesn't kill 6 billion people.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 685 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Quentin said "Scott was right"

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Quentin said "Scott was right"

....about Hope being the host for the Phoenix, sure.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 pm

I didn't like how Cap was able to advance on Cyke while deflecting his optic blasts with his shield. Although he may not of been getting hit there should have still been enough force behind the blasts to knock him back. Cap isn't that strong. Also how can Luke Cage and Thing get any kind of leverage behind their punches to do any kind of damage to Namor while they are swimming? Those were my two biggest gripes, other than that I enjoyed the issue.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Cap's shield is reinforced with vibranium which negates impact though. It's how he takes so many hits and doesn't get sent flying except under the most extreme circumstances.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Cap's shield is reinforced with vibranium which negates impact though. It's how he takes so many hits and doesn't get sent flying except under the most extreme circumstances.

It negating the initial impact is understandable, but when Cyke is continually blasting away at him...I don't know. But whatever its semantics, after all it is a comic book. :wink:

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 pm

dairydead wrote:Loved all of this, and yeah, everyone's right on the mark concerning Cyclops. He's gone full villain (nothing that can't be redeemed just yet though). An interesting point regarding who's "right".... In Wolverine and The Xmen this week,
both Rachel and Quentin confirmed that the Phoenix is coming to destroy, not save. Both of them had apocalyptic visons. When you factor in Scarlet Witch's dream, i think its pretty obvious that Scott is just ignoring reason. I wonder if Emma experienced psychic nightmares as well....should be interesting if that comes into play at all.

at the end of the day though, i cannot comprehend why Scott won't just let the Avengers take Hope off planet, even as a precaution. If she became some sort of Messiah, she would come back to earth. If she wasn't they could quarantine her so she doesn't kill 6 billion people.

The way they ended the issue made me think that she's not the one in control anymore. :smt102

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 440 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

dairydead wrote:Loved all of this, and yeah, everyone's right on the mark concerning Cyclops. He's gone full villain (nothing that can't be redeemed just yet though). An interesting point regarding who's "right".... In Wolverine and The Xmen this week,

how would they "quarantine" hope if she has the phoenix force???

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 am

Sitebreaker wrote:
how would they "quarantine" hope if she has the phoenix force???

if i recall, they mentioned earlier that they were planning to take her far away from earth.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand