Tuesday, November 21, 2017 • Evening Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Avengers vs. X-Men #2 (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
well there's the fact that he's freaking crazy... and no one knows where he'll end up after the current X-Men Legacy storyline... You'd think Cyclops would put Legion on the front lines too.. he's on Utopia... and he's more powerful then many of the mutants he has on the front lines...

I actually do think that Legion should be there. Isn't he sane again, now?

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:55 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Phoenix used Jeans powers, why couldnt it use Hopes?

What are the native powers of the Phoenix? It's hard to tell where Phoenix begins and Jean ends.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:56 pm

We know the New Murants are on the Island, even though there is no crossover issues, X-man should be on the island as well and fighting.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:We know the New Murants are on the Island, even though there is no crossover issues, X-man should be on the island as well and fighting.

but X-Man's powers aren't what they were.. he barely has TK and barely can control it...

and as far as Mimic... he's at the Institute right now, so Cyclops may have no knowledge that he's even around..

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I want Sebastian Shaw in the mix.

From Avengers Academy previews he's going to with the children.. so he's not gonna be on the front lines..

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
From Avengers Academy previews he's going to with the children.. so he's not gonna be on the front lines..

It's silly that the kids aren't fighting anyways, since that what Schism was about

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:25 pm

We know Gambit joins the fight to at some point, because of the Vs. comic. I wonder who else fights.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:33 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:We know Gambit joins the fight to at some point, because of the Vs. comic. I wonder who else fights.

well Rogue is supposed to take on Ms. Marvel in one of the tie-ins... I'm sure Frenzy will get into the fight some how too...

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

i think the Institute staff are gonna have their hands full.. between the Avengers that get stationed there, (Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Falcon) and the Shi'ar Death Commandos coming and Gladiator coming for his son, they will have their hands full. Beast's in space, Rachel was knocked out in the last issue of Wolverine and the X-Men. Really just leaves Rogue (who Logan doesn't trust anymore), Gambit (who we know gets involved), Husk, Cannonball, Iceman, Chamber and Karma (Toad/Frenzy and Warbird don't count as staff)

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:02 pm

PDH wrote:
Good point.

I don't know whether Phoenix would or could use Hope's powers.

Which raises an interesting question: where's Mimic in all this? He's in one of the other X-Books. He permanently has the powers of the original five X-Men and he can Mimic the powers of anyone else, as well. They should put him on the front lines!

I'm new to Mutants again, so I'm a bit confused. I thought Hope was Mimic, is the male Mimic still a refugee from the Age of Apocalypse?

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
I'm new to Mutants again, so I'm a bit confused. I thought Hope was Mimic, is the male Mimic still a refugee from the Age of Apocalypse?

Hope has nothing to do with Mimic, she just has similar powers.

Mimic, so far as I know, is the original Mimic from the ordinary Marvel universe. Can't remember if there was a Mimic in AoA but there was one in Exiles, whose powers were slightly different (he could have the powers of any five mutants but no more than five at a time and they were only at half strength).

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:26 pm

PDH wrote:
Hope has nothing to do with Mimic, she just has similar powers.

Mimic, so far as I know, is the original Mimic from the ordinary Marvel universe. Can't remember if there was a Mimic in AoA but there was one in Exiles, whose powers were slightly different (he could have the powers of any five mutants but no more than five at a time and they were only at half strength).

Ok that makes some sense, how exactly do Hope's powers work? Does she need to touch like Rogue, just be in proximity to the source she's copying, or can she just conjure up any power set she needs at a given time?

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Ok that makes some sense, how exactly do Hope's powers work? Does she need to touch like Rogue, just be in proximity to the source she's copying, or can she just conjure up any power set she needs at a given time?

She has to be near them. See the Wiki for more details:

Hope Summers is an omega-level mutant with an ability of unspecified limits to manipulate and mimic the genes which are responsible for superhuman mutation.

This ability is primarily manifested as mimicry of the superhuman mutant abilities of those near her, however, she has demonstrated additional powers. When she was born, she unleashed a massive psionic pulse that destroyed Cerebro. She also proved to be immune to Rogue's newly lethal absorption power and her touch erased all of the previous memories and abilities Rogue had absorbed, including those of the Hecatomb. She also cured Rogue of the Strain 88 virus.[4][7] During Messiah Complex when the Three-in-One tried to search for her when she was kidnapped by the Marauders, she was able to block and disrupt Cerebro from finding her.[38]

Hope Summers can also mimic mutant powers at their utmost capacity. However, she generates power levels that are potentially dangerous to people and the environment around her. Prodigy describes her as a metaphorical "voodoo doll" of the mutant race.[volume & issue needed] In the "Messiah War" storyline, after mentally scanning her, Stryfe hints that she has the same powers he does (telekinesis and telepathy), and is potentially far more powerful than he is.[39] Her ability to mimic the powers of other mutants is restricted by the fact that they have to be "near enough" to her to mimic.[40] When near Cable, Hope showed some telepathic and telekinetic powers at her command by stopping a bullet fired at her by Bishop. She then generated extremely powerful energy blasts that overloaded Bishop's own ability to absorb projected energy.[41]

She can also jump-start a newly-emerging mutant power though to an undefined extent.[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Summers_%28comics%29

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:i think the Institute staff are gonna have their hands full.. between the Avengers that get stationed there, (Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Falcon) and the Shi'ar Death Commandos coming and Gladiator coming for his son, they will have their hands full. Beast's in space, Rachel was knocked out in the last issue of Wolverine and the X-Men. Really just leaves Rogue (who Logan doesn't trust anymore), Gambit (who we know gets involved), Husk, Cannonball, Iceman, Chamber and Karma (Toad/Frenzy and Warbird don't count as staff)

We see Kid Gladiator fight the Avengers lol

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Reading these last couple pages of X-this and X-that, all I can say is I don't want to hear anymore about how difficult it is to understand the Legion of Super-Heroes; not when this X-Mess exists. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook