Advertisement

Avengers Vs X-Men #6 (Welcome to Utopia Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Re: Avengers Vs X-Men #6 (Welcome to Utopia Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I'd rather have a McMahon booked event (AvX) than a Vince Russo booked one (Reign of Superman/Blackest Night/Flashpoint)

Reign Of The Supermen-Awesome
Blackest Night-Good but could have been better
AVX-Good but needs to be better
Flashpoint-Shitfest all over

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 134 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

GLX wrote:
It's at the end of the digital copy.

The infinite comic is at the back of #6 (digitally), but also as a separate file*

I just put the code in and both issues showed up. That said, Infinite issue #1 seems to have vanished and they want $1.99 from me if I want it back. Hmmm...

*With the purchase of a physical copy.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:08 am

GLX wrote:
It's at the end of the digital copy.

The infinite comic is at the back of #6 (digitally), but also as a separate file*

*With the purchase of a physical copy.

The code I have for #1 just doesn't work, not even to just get a digital copy of the print comic.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 am

Punchy wrote:
The code I have for #1 just doesn't work, not even to just get a digital copy of the print comic.

Worked for me to get the digital copy of #1 but not for Infinite.

Each of those codes was supposed to unlock a corresponding AvX Infinite issue too?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:12 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

Each of those codes was supposed to unlock a corresponding AvX Infinite issue too?

It did for this one, so I assume so.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 861 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:17 am

Is it bad that I currently think that the worst thing to come out of AvX is the name "Phoenix Five?" I absolutely hate it! It sounds terrible and it really doesn't do the characters involved justice.

Aside from that, this issue may have been my favorite issue to date of this event. No disrespect to John Romita Jr. but his art just wasn't working for me in the confines of this story. Olivier Coipel is a welcome addition and he really did justice to the "new" world that Scott and company have created.

There are a lot of interesting things going on now. I really hope that Xavier and Magneto's roles are expanded in the remaining issues of the series. Also, whether you agree with the Avengers or not, we all know that they mean well. That being said, I really feel as though it will be their continued interference will lead to the catalyst that will escalate this event towards it's world shattering finale.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

Punchy wrote:... the ‘Phoenix 5’ instead busied themselves with changing the world, making it into a Utopia...

So what exactly were they doing? I'm not picking these up, but I'm still curious how things are working out.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:44 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

I had problems when I tried to download issue 1 when trying to put the code in using safari on my IPad 2. I wrote to marvel.com tech support and they gave me a new code about two weeks later. I've since been entering the codes on my PC in Firefox and haven't had any problems downloading the issues to my IPad afterwords. You also need to get a free account with Marvel.com to download the issues. M

The Infinate issue is part of issue 1. Just keep flipping through the pages after the regular book is done.
Last edited by prozacman on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 am

Log-Man wrote:So what exactly were they doing? I'm not picking these up, but I'm still curious how things are working out.

They are using the powers of the Phoenix to solve world problems like hunger, the energy crisis, and war by during deserts into paradises, creating clean and free sustainable energy sources, and eliminating weapons of mass destruction. The Avengers don't like it because a) they are not the ones behind it and b) these solutions didn't "cost" anything.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 am

Sakie wrote:
They are using the powers of the Phoenix to solve world problems like hunger, the energy crisis, and war by during deserts into paradises, creating clean and free sustainable energy sources, and eliminating weapons of mass destruction. The Avengers don't like it because a) they are not the ones behind it and b) these solutions didn't "cost" anything.

They're doing this in three weeks and getting people to buy in? This IS a fantasy!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

Sakie wrote:Is it bad that I currently think that the worst thing to come out of AvX is the name "Phoenix Five?" I absolutely hate it! It sounds terrible and it really doesn't do the characters involved justice.

Aside from that, this issue may have been my favorite issue to date of this event. No disrespect to John Romita Jr. but his art just wasn't working for me in the confines of this story. Olivier Coipel is a welcome addition and he really did justice to the "new" world that Scott and company have created.

There are a lot of interesting things going on now. I really hope that Xavier and Magneto's roles are expanded in the remaining issues of the series. Also, whether you agree with the Avengers or not, we all know that they mean well. That being said, I really feel as though it will be their continued interference will lead to the catalyst that will escalate this event towards it's world shattering finale.

Yeah, the Phoenix 5 sounds more like a rap group or some Power Rangers rejects from where I stand. As for the Avengers, they came off as complete tools and douchebags here with that bone-headed stunt by invading Utopia to get Hope again. Does Captain America and company not believe in phones anymore? Why not ask Hope for her assisstance rather than acting like she is a hostage that needs rescuing? Plus, the fact that she was with other kids when they stormed the place was an example of reckless endangerment. The overall thing also, is that the Phoenix 5 did nothing wrong at the moment, and common sense dictates that you don't attack them or their home until they do something wrong, that simple. Cap and co. should have just kept close tabs on them instead of acting like aggressors because the Avengers' actions just contributed to making things worst.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 115 posts

Postby dairydead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm

I felt as though The Avengers wanted to bait the Phoenix 5. Smart move, and Tony had the utmost confidence in his new armors, so they probably figured getting roughed up would bring out the true nature of these villains. They were over their heads, sure, but it revealed that Cyclops is far more power hungry than he was letting on, and it sped up the reveal of his hidden agenda: kill anyone who disagrees with him
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Not to mention that both the infinite and the main issue reveal something major about exactly where Scott's mind is: The phoenix force is very slowly taking control and it's not going to end well.

That being said, am I the only one who loved Wanda jumping and and grabbing Hope like she did? 8)

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 pm

doombug wrote:Not to mention that both the infinite and the main issue reveal something major about exactly where Scott's mind is: The phoenix force is very slowly taking control and it's not going to end well.

Yeah, that's obvious. I would even go so far as to say that the Phoenix probably already has control over Colossus, Magik, and Namor. I would suspect that it would have a greater level of difficulty gaining control of Scott and Emma however, probably in part because of their previous exposure to the Phoenix. Although, I still suspect that the sliver of the Void remaining within Scott's mind will come back into play at some point in time during this event. It could even be that this is what the event is all about. The Void could make a play for full control of the Phoenix and Hope may be the only one who can stop it and thus fulfill her destiny once and for all.

That being said, am I the only one who loved Wanda jumping and and grabbing Hope like she did? 8)

I still suspect that Wanda is just upset that there is a force on Earth powerful enough to undo her temper tantrum from House of M.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Sakie wrote:
Yeah, that's obvious. I would even go so far as to say that the Phoenix probably already has control over Colossus, Magik, and Namor. I would suspect that it would have a greater level of difficulty gaining control of Scott and Emma however, probably in part because of their previous exposure to the Phoenix. Although, I still suspect that the sliver of the Void remaining within Scott's mind will come back into play at some point in time during this event. It could even be that this is what the event is all about. The Void could make a play for full control of the Phoenix and Hope may be the only one who can stop it and thus fulfill her destiny once and for all.

I still suspect that Wanda is just upset that there is a force on Earth powerful enough to undo her temper tantrum from House of M.

I doubt that the writers are ever going to mention the Void again but that would make sense to justify Scott acting like an asshat currently. I knew from the get-go what the Phoenix thing would turn around and bite Scott and co. eventually though as it is just a matter of time before this all literally blow up in their faces.
Again, I just wish that they hadn't turned the Avengers into what the US was when they illegally invaded Iraq several years ago as it just made them look like the villains themselves.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand