Advertisement

Avengers Vs X-Men #6 (Welcome to Utopia Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts

Re: Avengers Vs X-Men #6 (Welcome to Utopia Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 pm

dairydead wrote:I felt as though The Avengers wanted to bait the Phoenix 5. Smart move, and Tony had the utmost confidence in his new armors, so they probably figured getting roughed up would bring out the true nature of these villains. They were over their heads, sure, but it revealed that Cyclops is far more power hungry than he was letting on, and it sped up the reveal of his hidden agenda: kill anyone who disagrees with him

Aside from the total character assassinations of both teams, I will say that even though Scott is acting like power-hungry egomaniac, the Avengers were still wrong to have tried and take Hope without their permission and hers as well. This is almost the rationalization that Bush used when he illegally invaded Iraq for WMDs based on how dangerous Saddam was. Sure Saddam may be a dangerous threat but unless there was a direct provocation from Saddam, the US had no right to invade Iraq based on a hunch. Now if the Phoenix 5 had attacked them first, then they would be justified in attacking them. The fact that Beast and Black Panther were the only ones who grasped this, doesn't speak well for Cap.
Also, why the hell have the Avengers not gone to Reed Richards yet? Or better yet, if they wanted to get Hope, they could have asked Professor X to have acted as a mediator in all of this? Just saying Cap and co. had much better options than that stupid stunt he pulled. If the Scarlet Witch hadn't showed up, the Avengers would have gotten fucked up big time.

Advertisement

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:07 pm

draco x wrote:
Aside from the total character assassinations of both teams, I will say that even though Scott is acting like power-hungry egomaniac, the Avengers were still wrong to have tried and take Hope without their permission and hers as well. This is almost the rationalization that Bush used when he illegally invaded Iraq for WMDs based on how dangerous Saddam was. Sure Saddam may be a dangerous threat but unless there was a direct provocation from Saddam, the US had no right to invade Iraq based on a hunch. Now if the Phoenix 5 had attacked them first, then they would be justified in attacking them. The fact that Beast and Black Panther were the only ones who grasped this, doesn't speak well for Cap.
Also, why the hell have the Avengers not gone to Reed Richards yet? Or better yet, if they wanted to get Hope, they could have asked Professor X to have acted as a mediator in all of this? Just saying Cap and co. had much better options than that stupid stunt he pulled. If the Scarlet Witch hadn't showed up, the Avengers would have gotten fucked up big time.

Dude, don't over think it. As is clearly evidenced by the cover to issue 8 in another thread, it's all going to work out. Cyclops is holding Thor's hammer...didn't you hear??? So bam...he's not only right, but worthy...WORTHY, damn it!!! Case closed. No need for those final for issues after all! :-D

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Dude, don't over think it. As is clearly evidenced by the cover to issue 8 in another thread, it's all going to work out. Cyclops is holding Thor's hammer...didn't you hear??? So bam...he's not only right, but worthy...WORTHY, damn it!!! Case closed. No need for those final for issues after all! :-D

Yup, so in all Cyclops will be the new Serpent and AVX will become Fear Itself 2.0. Scott has optic blasts, phoenix force, douche force and now Thor's hammer. And here I thought Loeb Force was PIS incarnate.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 pm

draco x wrote:

Eh, i wouldn't compare it to Iraq at all, and while misguided, that is far less villainous than actually taking over the world and forcing a worldview. I see Avengers as similar to the Rebels in Star Wars in this instance.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm

dairydead wrote:
Eh, i wouldn't compare it to Iraq at all, and while misguided, that is far less villainous than actually taking over the world and forcing a worldview. I see Avengers as similar to the Rebels in Star Wars in this instance.

Cyclops = Darth Vader :shock:

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

sdsichero wrote:

Cyclops = Darth Vader :shock:

"Steve...I am your father."

Eh, there's been stranger twists, I suppose.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Sakie wrote:
I still suspect that Wanda is just upset that there is a force on Earth powerful enough to undo her temper tantrum from House of M.

Nope, or at least I don't think so. I think she's just decided it's time to be protective. She'd react the same way to any child in any situation...especially if it was one of her boys. 8)

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:37 am

The Avengers combat suits - what exactly were they for besides looking silly? What exactly were the goggles parts for - nobody used them. Cap had a unique set of goggles that had no use besides to look kewl (which they didn't).

The Avengers flying wings. With all the tech that Marvel Earth has, it's about time they got themselves a 'flight ring' (I mean flight wing).

Scott & Emma have down time? With all that power and a schedule to terraform the planet, Scott has time to do a crossword?

And funny how the Earth is literally changing shape because of Scott, but he hasn't even begun to restart his beloved mutant race. Shouldn't that have been job #1?

Thor punches a kid in the stomach. Thor brings down his mightiest weather attack in an enclosed room filled with his allies and little kids. Yeah - no mischarertization going on here. :roll:

The Phoenix 5 'bloomed' farms to the Horn of Africa. Great news - except that the indigenous animals that live there with a specific diet from their ecosystem could now probably die out because of they won't have time to adapt to the teraforming. And will the Phoenix 5 always be there to make it rain? The reason the Horn is so dry is because the rains (that come from the west) dry up and empty out as it crosses the continent.

Free limitless energy. As wonderful as that sounds, think about the new worldwide unemployment it brings (that's even if the world's governments choose to accept it). And if they are forced to accept it, then Scott's Utopia comes at the cost of freedom.

Fresh water from the Aleutian Trench? I'll assume desalinization is taking place - but miles of glass tubes (some needlessly longer than they need to be) in a trench known for it's persistent earthquakes?

Scott's utopia is all well and good for now but there's no consideration for tomorrow or free will. And that's why he's a dick.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 am

Man, some of you guys really hate Cyclops.

It's sad that you have to take a story that is more complex than heroes and villains and reduce it down to having a definite villain. I shouldn't be surprised, fans did the same in Civil War.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 am

Punchy wrote:Man, some of you guys really hate Cyclops.

It's sad that you have to take a story that is more complex than heroes and villains and reduce it down to having a definite villain. I shouldn't be surprised, fans did the same in Civil War.

Conditioning from mainstream superhero books, IMO. :smt102
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:49 am

Greg wrote:
Conditioning from mainstream superhero books, IMO. :smt102

Yep, we seem unable to let go of the good/evil paradigm.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am

draco x wrote: the Avengers were still wrong to have tried and take Hope without their permission and hers as well.

Without hers as well?

"I want to go".. her exact words. She was held prisoner by Scott there, basically

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 am

Amoebas wrote:And funny how the Earth is literally changing shape because of Scott, but he hasn't even begun to restart his beloved mutant race. Shouldn't that have been job #1?

Yeah, and the main reason all the Cyclops defenders were all over his nuts about his actions - "It's ok that he's acting like a villainous douchebag, because he just wants to save his people!"

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 81 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 am

I think that Marvel has hopefully forgotten about the void and will never mention it again.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:58 pm

dairydead wrote:

Except for the fact that Phoenix 5 didn't technically do anything wrong yet before they stormed Utopia. And like I said before, the Avengers took Hope by force in front of her friends. Did they ask her if she wanted to leave? No they didn't. Cap and co. decided to go on a hunch that wasn't thought out properly. The smart thing to have done was contact Hope and ask for her help and if the Phoenix 5 attack in response then the Avengers are justified in using force. The same thing with George Bush and Iraq, the US had no real justifications for invading the country except for a stupid theory about WMDs and the Avengers are acting like Bush while treating Cyclops and co. like Saddam Hussein. Again, Beast and Black Panther had the common sense not to get involved because they both know until the Phoenix 5 start doing bad things, they have no basis to attack them until Cap and co gave them an excuse.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand