Advertisement

Avengers #15 (Philandering Hawkeye Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers #15 (Philandering Hawkeye Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 pm

It was really cool that Spider-Woman finally got a bit of the spotlight. We all know she’s a Bendis favourite, but she hasn’t really had much to do since Siege. We got an insight into her troubled mind, she fought the Hammer Hulk (which was bad-ass) and also macked on Hawkeye. A pretty full day for Jessica Drew I think you can say. Not much more to say really, I’m still really liking the ‘Oral History’ framing device, though I may be the only one, and Bachalo’s art was excellent. Good to see Alien Boy do something too.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Avengers #15 (Philandering Hawkeye Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:07 pm

The main fight was pretty good I agree. About the oral history framing device, I think that Bendis' talking heads work in some circumstances and other series, Powers being a good example. I really don't think its working in Avengers though. I'm finding myself skipping through those pages and I'm finding the read to be very unsatisfying as a result.

Thank you Troy for the sig

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Avengers #15 (Philandering Hawkeye Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:39 pm

The talking heads really need to go.

Actually Bendis just needs to go.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand