Advertisement

Avengers: X-Sanction #2 (Really big gun collection Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Avengers: X-Sanction #2 (Really big gun collection Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:17 am

Ed McGuinness is awesome, I’ll say it again, and I’ll probably say it about #3 as well, and then #4, I just love his art, he makes what is essentially just a fight between Iron Man and Cable into something that’s a joy to look at. He’s just the perfect artist for the kind of comics Loeb writes. But this issue wasn’t really just big dumb punches, it really was focussed on human emotions, on a father’s love for his daughter, and the flashbacks (can they be called flashbacks if they take place in the future? But then I suppose they are in Cable’s past, gah, time-travel is confusing) to Hope as a child were very effective. Next issue promises a fight between Red Hulk and Cable, to some fans, that’s their worst nightmare. To me? It’s awesome as hell. The worst excesses of the 90s Vs the worst excesses of today! BOOM!

Advertisement

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Re: Avengers: X-Sanction #2 (Really big gun collection Spoil

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 am

Ed McGuinness is the only thing that can make Loeb readable. I will admit that this issue was better then the first story wise, glad it's only 4 issues. Cable is a much more terrible character than Red Hulk... next ish will totally be battle of the awfuls.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Re: Avengers: X-Sanction #2 (Really big gun collection Spoil

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 pm

This book is horrible in every way. The art feels mailed in yet its the best part of this.

I swear its like Loeb didn't even read Cables book. Maybe this story would be better if it had a decent writer that can write more then action pieces. Loeb is the Michael Bay of comics.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand