Tuesday, May 3, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Avengers #25 SPOILERS

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I was hoping that the Avengers vs X-men event would take this comic in a better direction creatively.

Today hope died, this was just as bad, if not worse then the last issue.

Not much made sense to me at all in this issue. Tony made a point of saying how badly he wanted to go after AIM for "stealing the genetic secrets of our powers and hacking my armor which is part of my body", seems a bit ironic since that's exactly what Reed and Tony did to Thor during Civil War.

Then there's Noh Varr, it turns out that he's been in contact with Supremor, which I thought was odd considering that he's from another dimension. I guess you could make the argument that since the Reeds that the new Supremor was made from are from other parallel universes Supremor could have had knowlege of Noh Varr, but, no explanation was given. Sloppy.

I'm going to give 26 a shot, but, if this doesn't get any better PDQ I'll probably just stick to the main event.

Hab

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Bendis is completely burned out isn't he? What was the last good Avengers issue he had?
Inb4 NEVER. :P

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 pm

I generally like Bendis's stuff, but, this is just substandard.

Hab

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 pm

habitual wrote:I generally like Bendis's stuff, but, this is just substandard.

Hab

Is Simonson's art at least pretty?

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Zechs wrote:Bendis is completely burned out isn't he? What was the last good Avengers issue he had?
Inb4 NEVER. :P

Probably about the time I still posted at Newsarama and that was mostly because McNiven used to draw a glorious ass for Spiderwoman.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Muppetesque wrote:Is Simonson's art at least pretty?

It was OK, nothing really stood out to me.

Hab

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Oops. I doubled up this thread.

Jude: Merge thread powers activate!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Hope died?! Spoiler alert, dude!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Hope died?! Spoiler alert, dude!

Where are the Blue Lanterns when you need them ? :P

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 am

Muppetesque wrote:Is Simonson's art at least pretty?

Best art since the relaunch!

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 am

habitual wrote:I generally like Bendis's stuff, but, this is just substandard.

Hab

This is how I feel.

I think both Avengers books have been on a downward spiral since Fear Itself began.

Kolimar

WTF is this rank?

Postby Kolimar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:53 pm

habitual wrote:Then there's Noh Varr, it turns out that he's been in contact with Supremor, which I thought was odd considering that he's from another dimension. I guess you could make the argument that since the Reeds that the new Supremor was made from are from other parallel universes Supremor could have had knowlege of Noh Varr, but, no explanation was given. Sloppy.

I'm not a big fan of Bendis because he does a lot of stupid crap that makes me forget about his good moments (he does have them) but he's not guilty in this particular case. You obviously didn't read the Annual where Noh Varr became the Protector (or did you forget it? :smt017 ). He spent most of the story trying to contact the Supreme Intelligence and when he finally succeeded, he was rewarded with those swanky new nega-bands and the title/job of Protector of Earth. Before criticizing a creator for something he did or didn't do you should try to have all the information. That giggle-muggle-toogle or the waki-woka-something might help you. :wink:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Kolimar wrote:I'm not a big fan of Bendis because he does a lot of stupid crap that makes me forget about his good moments (he does have them) but he's not guilty in this particular case. You obviously didn't read the Annual where Noh Varr became the Protector (or did you forget it? :smt017 ). He spent most of the story trying to contact the Supreme Intelligence and when he finally succeeded, he was rewarded with those swanky new nega-bands and the title/job of Protector of Earth. Before criticizing a creator for something he did or didn't do you should try to have all the information. That giggle-muggle-toogle or the waki-woka-something might help you. :wink:

The problem being that at the time that all that happened, the Supreme Intelliegence was dead. Supremor died during Annihilation and it wasn't until recently that he/it was revived.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:35 pm

2 things:

Simonson was on fire, that art is beautiful.

second thing: no matter who the artist, spider-womans hair is screwed up. :lol:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 pm

writing standpoint, on of bendis weakest issues though.

leave a comment with facebook