Advertisement

Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9 (Spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 am

habitual wrote:
You're massively underestimating the power of editorial. They ran over 1/2 of their major events over the last few years through the Avengers.

Bozo the clown could have written it and it'd still be Marvel's top book.

Hab

Not to mention the fact that New Avengers only cost $2.25 from issues 1-7 and $2.50 from issues 8-17. I'm sure that helped :-D

Advertisement

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord

Postby SilverPhoenix » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Cassie was more interesting than Scott.

For as much as I like Scott, this was definitely not the way this should've gone down.Killing Cassie for him is not a good trade in any way, shape and form. Despite Defenders #4 being a marked improvement from the first 3 issues, I really don't have much confidence in Fraction to portray him in an appealing light and even if I did, I can safely say that I don't approve of this.

Also, let's not get started on my thoughts of how Patriot was treated in this series. Holy Shit, it's that type of fuckery that gets me to want to throw my hands up and say "I fucking give up" when it comes to Big 2 comics.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:18 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:Also, let's not get started on my thoughts of how Patriot was treated in this series. Holy Shit, it's that type of fuckery that gets me to want to throw my hands up and say "I fucking give up" when it comes to Big 2 comics.

:lol: I gave up a long ass time ago, bruh. I've been the happier.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 am

I love the word 'fuckery' so much.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 am

habitual wrote:
You're massively underestimating the power of editorial. They ran over 1/2 of their major events over the last few years through the Avengers.

Bozo the clown could have written it and it'd still be Marvel's top book.

Hab

That may be true, but it just strikes me as odd that the only negativity I ever hear about the book and Bendis is online, for the most part.

It's a vocal minority, IMO.

I mean, maybe I'm biased.. I like Bendis. His Avengers may not have always been good, and the lows (like right now) were really bad.. but it was a good run overall.

The whole argument against it is that people are mad that he took their "Old Avengers" away from them and brought in Spider-Man and Wolverine, and whatever.. it's an old and tired argument, and at this point, we're.. what.. 7 years in?

This is the Avengers now, IMO.

Bendis or no Bendis, it's the new formula. Big name characters, and big plots that sell lots and lots of issues.

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Postby SilverPhoenix » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Greg wrote:
:lol: I gave up a long ass time ago, bruh. I've been the happier.

And you know what? The reasons why I've become so frustrated with Marvel and DC lately go way beyond how minorities are usually treated in their books. I also can't stand how hierarchical, inconsistent (in terms of characterization and continuity) and stagant/regressive (in terms of storytelling for characters) things have become. It's like we've literally watch Big 2 comics dumb down themselves over a course of 8 years.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm

SilverPhoenix wrote:It's like we've literally watch Big 2 comics dumb down themselves over a course of 8 years.

Rather contrary to that, I think comics readers who buy the stuff, Bendis' overpriced and pointless Avengers books or event comics such as "A vs X", are quite complicit in that equation.

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Postby SilverPhoenix » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:
Rather contrary to that, I think comics readers who buy the stuff, Bendis' overpriced and pointless Avengers books or event comics such as "A vs X", are quite complicit in that equation.

I agree with that, Squid and I didn't think my post was saying otherwise. Hell, I'll admit that I still feel a bit guilty about not sticking with Captain Britain and M.I. 13 when it was published in 2008 - 2009. That cancellation got me to truly change how I look at comics as a whole.

As a whole, we as fans (including retailers) get the creative output we pay for.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 250 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Cassie Lang was a solid new character and they chose to kill her off? Lame

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 pm

SilverPhoenix wrote:
I agree with that, Squid and I didn't think my post was saying otherwise. Hell, I'll admit that I still feel a bit guilty about not sticking with Captain Britain and M.I. 13 when it was published in 2008 - 2009. That cancellation got me to truly change how I look at comics as a whole.

As a whole, we as fans (including retailers) get the creative output we pay for.

Yep.

I was going to type more but I believe I am dying of cologne poisoning at the moment. :smt095

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
That may be true, but it just strikes me as odd that the only negativity I ever hear about the book and Bendis is online, for the most part.

It's a vocal minority, IMO.

I mean, maybe I'm biased.. I like Bendis. His Avengers may not have always been good, and the lows (like right now) were really bad.. but it was a good run overall.

The whole argument against it is that people are mad that he took their "Old Avengers" away from them and brought in Spider-Man and Wolverine, and whatever.. it's an old and tired argument, and at this point, we're.. what.. 7 years in?

This is the Avengers now, IMO.

Bendis or no Bendis, it's the new formula. Big name characters, and big plots that sell lots and lots of issues.

I've always liked Bendis. If I was going to sum up his Avengers run I would say it's essentially Marvel's version of the JLI, just with a number of high profile events pumped through it. I don't think it was necessarily bad, but, I don't think I'd really go out of my way to recommend it to anyone.

The event ideas have been solid from a concept point of view, but, there have been some bumps as far as execution goes.

Hab

Marius665
Society Member

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Marius665 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:27 pm

well, time to locate more Young Avengers!

the female Scorpion is still out there and was very close to confirming that she was Banner's daughter
with Teddy becoming the new Captain Marvel at some point they should add Skaar as the team's Hulk

and who ever else is out there. Doesn't Julia Carpenter have a daughter?
and why hasn't the team gone to look for Josiah X? especially since he was supposed to be on the team originally but Iron Lad never found him and he's been MIA since... :?

Hating SKYWATCHER since forever! Image

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Marius665 wrote:well, time to locate more Young Avengers!

the female Scorpion is still out there and was very close to confirming that she was Banner's daughter
with Teddy becoming the new Captain Marvel at some point they should add Skaar as the team's Hulk

and who ever else is out there. Doesn't Julia Carpenter have a daughter?
and why hasn't the team gone to look for Josiah X? especially since he was supposed to be on the team originally but Iron Lad never found him and he's been MIA since... :?

Julia Carpenters daughter is a normal child. Julia got the powers AFTER she had the kid..

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Rockman wrote:Cassie Lang was a solid new character and they chose to kill her off? Lame

She had connections to the MC2 verse. She had to die.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Rockman wrote:Cassie Lang was a solid new character and they chose to kill her off? Lame

New? She's been around since 1979!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand