Advertisement

Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Marius665
Society Member

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9 (Spoilers)

Postby Marius665 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
Julia Carpenters daughter is a normal child. Julia got the powers AFTER she had the kid..

never said she had powers. just looking at young kids with connections to Avengers members and Julia was a West Coast Avengers and her daughter could be a fit for the team

shit, make her the new Darkhawk and call it a day
Last edited by Marius665 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hating SKYWATCHER since forever! Image

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 665 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm

SilverPhoenix wrote:
For as much as I like Scott, this was definitely not the way this should've gone down.Killing Cassie for him is not a good trade in any way, shape and form. Despite Defenders #4 being a marked improvement from the first 3 issues, I really don't have much confidence in Fraction to portray him in an appealing light and even .

I liked Cassie as well. However, my memory of her as Stature doesn't go much beyond the Heinberg stuff (I've read the other comics she was in, just didn't find them as memorable). I guess things went a big full circle for Scott, his origin as Ant-Man was trying to save his daughter's life.

It might be nostalgia, but I did find Scott interesting in his early days which made me sad when he died. I didn't follow him so closely right before his death so I don't know if he became generic or not.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Despite the fact that this issue featured not one, but two character deaths, it still felt like this mini went out on a bit of a whimper. Maybe it’s because Stature and Kid Vision were two of the Young Avengers I cared about the least, but I wasn’t really affected by their deaths, and was actually more interested in what Iron Lad was doing, now there’s a fascinating character. I didn’t like how the team basically quit at the end, with everyone going all emo apart from Speed, but in the end, we know they’ll be back, whether from the dead, or from a fate worse than death, living in Scottsdale. The stuff with Wanda kind of rang false to me, I don’t believe Cyclops would give up like that after 8 issues of major drama, surely he’d say she should be confined to Utopia or something? But I suppose that Wanda has to be free for whatever happens in Avengers Vs X-Men to happen. Overall, The Children’s Crusade has been a very good story, I just wish we knew when we’d next get to read a Heinberg/Cheung Young Avengers story, because they are what makes these characters work.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Punchy wrote:Despite the fact that this issue featured not one, but two character deaths, it still felt like this mini went out on a bit of a whimper. Maybe it’s because Stature and Kid Vision were two of the Young Avengers I cared about the least, but I wasn’t really affected by their deaths, and was actually more interested in what Iron Lad was doing, now there’s a fascinating character. I didn’t like how the team basically quit at the end, with everyone going all emo apart from Speed, but in the end, we know they’ll be back, whether from the dead, or from a fate worse than death, living in Scottsdale. The stuff with Wanda kind of rang false to me, I don’t believe Cyclops would give up like that after 8 issues of major drama, surely he’d say she should be confined to Utopia or something? But I suppose that Wanda has to be free for whatever happens in Avengers Vs X-Men to happen. Overall, The Children’s Crusade has been a very good story, I just wish we knew when we’d next get to read a Heinberg/Cheung Young Avengers story, because they are what makes these characters work.

Heinberg and Cheung are such a great team. If we could have another miniseries soon that'd be great.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:16 pm

So apparently this issue is a big deal because it's the first time Hulkling and Wiccan kissed on-panel.

Am I the only one who's annoyed that every discussion about Young Avengers is monopolised by those two? They're boring, characters like Speed, Patriot, Iron Lad and Kate Bishop are all a lot more interesting than Hulkling and Wiccan, but because they're gay they get more attention. I think this book is about more than homosexuality, and it's annoying to see the media focus on it, when stuff happened like people actually getting killed.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Punchy wrote:So apparently this issue is a big deal because it's the first time Hulkling and Wiccan kissed on-panel.

Am I the only one who's annoyed that every discussion about Young Avengers is monopolised by those two? They're boring, characters like Speed, Patriot, Iron Lad and Kate Bishop are all a lot more interesting than Hulkling and Wiccan, but because they're gay they get more attention. I think this book is about more than homosexuality, and it's annoying to see the media focus on it, when stuff happened like people actually getting killed.

Hulkling bores me to tears, but i like Wiccan. but i agree their relationship gets vastly blown out of proportion in discussion of this book.

also, Kate Bitchop blows monkey spunk. why couldn't Heinberg have called her off instead of Cassie? :smt011 :smt011
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Punchy wrote:So apparently this issue is a big deal because it's the first time Hulkling and Wiccan kissed on-panel.

Hulkling is awesome, but moreso because of his parentage and the potential than what we've seen so far.. I desperately want him to be the new Captain Marvel.

Wiccan is pure awesome.

Kate Bishop is a massive ball of boring suck. The rest are good.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
Hulkling is awesome, but moreso because of his parentage and the potential than what we've seen so far.. I desperately want him to be the new Captain Marvel.

Wiccan is pure awesome.

*internet high-five*
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Punchy wrote:Despite the fact that this issue featured not one, but two character deaths, it still felt like this mini went out on a bit of a whimper

I think the release schedule hurt this in that regard. It reads much better in one go - I went back and re-read it all from the beginning yesterday and it's great.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Holland Oats wrote:Kate Bishop is a massive ball of boring suck.

it's a pity she's become that way. I thought she was pretty interesting when YA started. She kept the team together when they were about to break up after that first adventure.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
it's a pity she's become that way. I thought she was pretty interesting when YA started. She kept the team together when they were about to break up after that first adventure.

She was always boring as a character.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 521 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

And in the big scheme of things Kate became irrelevant after Hawkeye and Mockingbird came back. She was unique when they both were "dead" but once they were brought back she was pretty generic.

Marius665
Society Member

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Marius665 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:55 pm

If there is a new mini or even an ongoing I'd like to see the team explore their back grounds more.

One, Teddy & Bill have yet to meet their rold models Thor and Hulk. You can't have a guy names Hulking running around with out the other Hulks be curious about him. And Wiccan was originally the Asgardian but yet has never been curious to go to Asgard or meet Thor on panel. These guys were fans before heroes, I feel like that should be touched on.

Patriot has never been curious as to have the team help him look for his uncle Josiah X?

Teddy as never really met anyone he's had a legit blood connection to. Both his parents and his brother are dead but yet his sister Phyla is still out there somewhere right? And the original nega bands are at Captain Marvels grave. Teddy is the real leader of the Skrull & Kree Empire. I don't see them letting him ditch his responsibilities so easily...

Hating SKYWATCHER since forever! Image

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 521 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Honestly Billy's met his inspiration... he wasn't inspired by Thor as much as named that by Iron Lad. His favorite avenger was always said to be Scarlet Witch...

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 201 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Holland Oats wrote:

Wiccan is pure awesome.

I think No-Varr has got that locked up, Hulkling is too Skrully.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand