Advertisement

Avengers #24.1 (I was being... sarcastic Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers #24.1 (I was being... sarcastic Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 pm

A nice issue that switches the focus to the Vision, who came back in the Osborn arc but never really got that much to do, or at least, we never got any insight into how he’s feeling. Until now. This issue helpfully kicked off with a couple of pages from Avengers Disassembled, reminding us how it was that Vision was destroyed in the first place. From then, we’re back in the present as Vizh finds out that the reason he ‘died’ was his wife, Wanda. From then on, we get two fantastic scenes, where Vision confronts She-Hulk, the person who actually did the ripping-in-half, and then Magneto, his father-in-law. The scene with Magneto was particularly gripping, with some of Bendis’ best dialogue ever I think. And then at the end Vision breaks down crying in the arms of Captain America. It’s always been a running theme that the robot Avenger was perhaps the most human of them all, and that was very true here. I’m glad to have Vision back, and with how this issue set up events in AvX #0 it looks like he has a big role to play now in the Marvel Universe, which is awesome. I am surprised they never mentioned the teenage Vision who just died, but then that might have been a bit too convoluted. Brandon Peterson’s art was great, I’m really pleased he’s moved away from the overly-computerised style, I always preferred his more traditional pencils.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 123 posts

Re: Avengers #24.1 (I was being... sarcastic Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 am

Great issue. I loved the talk with She-Hulk. It was heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 125 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Avengers #24.1 (I was being... sarcastic Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am

personally i thought Peterson's art was pretty terrible, and the whole Hawkeye/Spider-Woman scene reminded me how stupid i think that whole romance is (mainly because nobody, even Bendis, seems to have any idea how to consistently write the Hawk/Mock/Jess triangle relationship from book to book, issue to issue), but other than that, one of Bendis's better Avengers issues. the Vizh/Mags scene in particular was awesome.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand