Advertisement

Avenging Spider-Man #12 (Deadpool says say no to drugs Spoil

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avenging Spider-Man #12 (Deadpool says say no to drugs Spoil

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 am

Regular readers of my writing will know that I don’t like Deadpool. I don’t find the character funny whatsoever and the only place I can stand the character is in the pages of Uncanny X-Force, where Remender’s use of him is much more serious than it is at other times. So the prospect of a ‘wacky’ adventure with Deadpool inside Spider-Man’s mind is not exactly appealing to me. But what with writer Kevin Shinick’s background in comedy writing, I actually found this issue funny, because the humour was coming more from the weird situations going on inside Peter Parker’s head than Deadpool saying stupid one-liners and having interminable arguments with his inner monologue. The best thing about this issue was the art from Aaron Kuder, an artist I’m not familiar with, but he has a style very suited for comedy, and one reminiscent of Batman Inc’s Chris Burnham and Manhattan Project’s Nick Pitarra. I like the look of this Kuder guy. So basically, this was as good as a Deadpool team-up could be for me, in that it did actually make me laugh on occasion, rather than make me want to punch something. Plus, how awesome is it to see the Hypno-Hustler return? Very funny stuff. Let’s hope Part 2, set in the real world, is just as fun and doesn’t just start relying on Deadpool to provide the jokes, because he really isn’t funny.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand