Advertisement

Avenging Spider-Man #7 (Fighting on the side of Beef Spoiler

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avenging Spider-Man #7 (Fighting on the side of Beef Spoiler

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 pm

A very fun issue of AvSM, a real classic superhero team-up story in the spirit of, well, Marvel Team-Up. Spider-Man and She-Hulk (the original, green version, none of this red nonsense!) team-up and bicker as they fight against some cute little kitties. Oh yeah, and an ancient Egyptian goddess. This was all basic stuff but it was done in a very enjoyable way, with each of the Immonens adding their own twist, so you had Kathryn’s weird sense of humour and funny dialogue, and Stuart’s fantastic-as-usual art. I was great seeing him back on Spider-Man actually, because as much as I love Bagley, Immonen’s run on Ultimate Spidey is actually my favourite. There were lots of great funny moments in this issue, and it was cool that once again the problem was solved by Peter Parker unleashing his geek side rather than just fighting us way out. Of course, there was plenty of fighting, Shulkie was a bad-ass and a half here. So yeah, a good issue, and it was cool to have the husband-and-wife team working together, I’d love to see them come back and do another issue of this title.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand