Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Evening Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Avenging Spider-Man #10 (She is property Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:26 am

Spider-Man and Captain Marvel continue their Boston adventure, and everything was wrapped in a nice fashion. Robyn Hood is revealed to be a robot that was built by a bank to infiltrate the Occupy Movement and in the end she sacrifices herself in an Iron Giant-esque fashion. I certainly wasn’t expecting this story to go there, and the idea of undercover robots in protest movements is such a weird Marvel Universe meets the real world concept that I can’t help but love it. This issue also continued to develop the fun relationship between Spidey and Captain Marvel, they have different personalities, but they work well together, and DeConnick has a good take on Spider-Man. I especially liked how Carol, as a pilot, new the same kind of Physics as nerd-boy Parker did. The Dodson’s art was very good again, I know it’s a bit cheese-cakey, but they draw powerful women, and that’s what Captain Marvel is. This was a fun little arc, and I hope at least some of the people who read AvSM also check out Captain Marvel’s solo series, that’s what Marvel Team-Ups are supposed to do right? Use the power of Spider-Man to help other books?

leave a comment with facebook