Advertisement

AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 630 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Grayson » Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Zechs wrote:Um Cap was struggling against Logan in closed quarters combat. Logan took away the strap on Cap's shield, sliced him open, and gave him a good shot in the mouth. If not for Hank coming in and knocking him out, Logan was winning. Because if Cap truly won, he'd be the one knocking Logan out and kicking him off the plan. He only did one, not the other.

Cap wasn't struggling though. Sure, Logan got in a couple of good hits but Cap was actually blocking and dodging most of his attacks. Then, you have to factor the Cap's sucker punch, the fact that Cap's punches were actually connecting, and that vicious blow to the base of the skull from his shield. It was clear that Cap didn't want this fight to go on forever or even until it became a fight to the finish, he was just controlling the fight while Hank was getting into position. All that I am trying to say is that at no point in time did Wolverine have "the edge."
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed May 02, 2012 7:58 pm

habitual wrote:
I'm kinda starting to agree with Bubba.

Based on the conversation Cap had with Logan it makes him seem like he doesn't have any real plan at all, he just wants to be in charge of the problem.

Hab

Captain America's whole plan, as detailed in New Avengers #25 is to MOVE THE BAIT OFF PLANET. That's all. He doesn't want Hope killed but beyond that he has no real way of stopping the Phoenix from taking Hope over. While the Space Avengers are attempting to stop the Phoenix before it reaches Earth, neither Steve or Tony gave that plan much of a chance.

So, yeah, Cap is right to want to protect Earth from the Phoenix (because they have no idea what's going to happen when it arrives) but is talking a big game without much of a plan.

This issue was damn good. I enjoyed the hell out of it. :smt026

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Like Cyclops, I'm right as well.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 8:30 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Captain America's whole plan, as detailed in New Avengers #25 is to MOVE THE BAIT OFF PLANET. That's all. He doesn't want Hope killed but beyond that he has no real way of stopping the Phoenix from taking Hope over. While the Space Avengers are attempting to stop the Phoenix before it reaches Earth, neither Steve or Tony gave that plan much of a chance.

So, yeah, Cap is right to want to protect Earth from the Phoenix (because they have no idea what's going to happen when it arrives) but is talking a big game without much of a plan.

This issue was damn good. I enjoyed the hell out of it. :smt026

That doesn't seem like such a great plan to me.

Wolverine made some pretty good points when he was explaining that to Cap.

Hab

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Why the heck would Rach ever side with or help Cyc though? Does she really think that Hope could control the Phoenix like she could?

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed May 02, 2012 8:33 pm

doombug wrote:Why the heck would Rach ever side with or help Cyc though? Does she really think that Hope could control the Phoenix like she could?

Maybe because he's her father?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Dragavon wrote:Maybe because he's her father?

Yeah, that was pretty obvious I thought.

That and the fact she has some experience with the Phoenix force herself.

Hab
Last edited by habitual on Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Dragavon wrote:Maybe because he's her father?

With the way Gage has been writing her, I really expecting his source to be Rogue. :smt102

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:37 pm

doombug wrote:Why the heck would Rach ever side with or help Cyc though? Does she really think that Hope could control the Phoenix like she could?

The attempted stabbing of a teenaged girl might have had something to do with it. Or the fact that Wolverine used her to hunt for mutants. Or the blood relation.

Your pick.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 8:39 pm

doombug wrote:With the way Gage has been writing her, I really expecting his source to be Rogue. :smt102

I'm really looking for ward to her squaring off with Carol.

Hab

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed May 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm just saying, for all intents and purposes...Rogue would have made a lot more sense. (But as usual everyone seems to be ignoring the Gage books :smt102 )

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 pm

BlueMole wrote:
The attempted stabbing of a teenaged girl might have had something to do with it. Or the fact that Wolverine used her to hunt for mutants. Or the blood relation.

Your pick.

Rachel pretty much knows what it's like to be stabbed in the chest by Logan while manifesting the Phoenix Force :D

Hab

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Damn good issue but also ticked me off a little. I guess I'm pro-X-men after my reaction to Cap throwing the first punch on Wolverine. Still was a pretty good fight between the two and glad to see that Cap go pretty screwed up in the end. Only thing I wonder about is that with Brubaker writing this issue, how much was he told to have Cap act like this vs him actually writing cap the way he has been for the last five years.

Though the Tony Stark Iron Slap to Steve about Civil War was very nice and appropriate.

Though this is the first time Scott seemed pretty rational with the X-Men, though the whole Emma hide us from the people, only to have Magneto bend some storage containers to make way for the large group to walk through. (yeah, that the way to keep a low profile.)

As for Rach, not all that surprised, though I think it has more to do with her and the X-Men history with the Phoenix than anything else and not always been an inside-girl since moving to the school. Also being Scott's daughter does not hurt her reasoning either.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I think you guys are swinging the pendulum too much just because Cap was a dick.

Cap doing something wrong =/= Cyclops being right. Cyclops is still the villain. Cap is just being written as over his head (which is dumb).
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

No, the Avengers are wrong and the villains.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand