Advertisement

AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36000
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Sun May 06, 2012 8:00 pm

habitual wrote:

I think the Avengers pulling the national security card is about as valid as Saddam's WMD's.

And it was just Cap wasn't it that reported to the President?

What Cable told Scott alone should be enough counter evidence.

Hab


That's a fair point, if Scott had shared the information.

Instead, Cable attacks the Avengers, Scott tries a power play on the Scarlet Witch (in which Magneto tells him he's acting like him) and decides to attack Cap. :smt102
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Advertisement

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:00 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Hawkeye should put an arrow through Cyclops visor to complete his transformation into Jeremy Renner :P


Brilliant! :D :D :D :D

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36000
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Sun May 06, 2012 8:01 pm

draco x wrote:
Or better yet, Dan Didio is secretly writing this whole saga and giving us bad characterizations of established characters. As entertaining as I find the story, the character assassinations are so blatant.


Very true.

I'm giving the stupidity of the writing a lot of leeway because I just want to see people punch each other. :lol:
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 pm

BlueMole wrote:Where Things Stand Right Now:

Cap: A cosmic entity that's been on Earth in the past and hasn't blown the planet up is on its way here. I was told it's a threat by a guy who likes dubstep and Snickers, so I know it's time for rash, ill-thought actions. Let me go and violently confront the person on the planet with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix after sending the scientist most familiar with the Phoenix on a suicide mission with a team that includes the one Avenger who thought this was a dumb idea. Trust me guys, I read up on this stuff on a MySpace page.

Cyke: Guys, I'm pretty convinced this teenage girl raised by my son (who is biologically older than me) is going to be possessed by a cosmic entity and then restart our race. Also, I think the idea turns me on a little because redheads with unlimited power has kind of been my thing all along. To hell with the risk as humankind largely doesn't give a shit about us. I probably wouldn't have this worldview had my good buddy Cap had spoken out about all the shit his country has put us through since I was 15. Hey, here he comes with a helicarrier filled with my friends to totally support us in our time of need.

Wolverine: I'm the best at what I do and what I do is stab teenage girls who need stabbin'. If a teenage girl tells me to stab them, I'll do it in a heartbeat and even growl when doing so. That's why I'm Headmaster, because I make the executive decisions that Douche and Douchier won't make.


You forgot to add:

Marvel: Let's make another Civil War-lite storyline where our two main teams and biggest franchises fight it out illogically when they should be teaming up to destroy a cosmic threat that could destroy our world. Screw logic and common-sense in all of this because this whole storyline will sell millions of copies and that is what is most important to us.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:11 pm

habitual wrote:
I think in the future that Madrox and Layla visit in X-Factor they discover that Bishop thinks that Hope was the mutant responsible for humans incarcerating mutants in concentration camps. I don't think there was any real proof of this being Hope.

Hab


This is the Gambit thing all over again in the 90's if anyone remembers.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Dragavon wrote:It hasn't blown up Earth. It has blown up other planets. Including one on the way to Earth.

Oh, and the person with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix is the moron who thinks it's a good idea to cheat on The Phoenix's host with a super-villainess. And to subsequently let the super-villainess as well as various other murderers and scumbags join his team for "the defense of mutants."


Well, Morrisson wrote that crapfest so there is the logic within itself.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:15 pm

BlueMole wrote:
Well, we know that the Phoenix is on a collision course with Earth. To the best of my knowledge, that's all we know. Cap's presuming that it's coming because of Hope because they share the same energy source.

Taking a step back, there's two options here:

1) Get Hope off-world and hope that the Phoenix follows.

2) Keep Hope on world and hope that she can control it.

If they choose option one and the Phoenix doesn't follow, Earth goes boom. If they choose option two and they're wrong, they stab the shit out of Hope and put the Phoenix down (just like what happened the last time it came to Earth).

Unless there's some sort of evidence that the Phoenix is definitely going to follow Hope, I wouldn't move her off world. I can understand Cap wanting to control the situation for Option Two (especially as he has an Avenger brought onto the team expressly for killing things) but Option One seems as needlessly risky as doing nothing and trusting Cyke that everything's going to be alright.


Does anyone think that Scarlet Witch will end up being the host for the Phoenix instead?

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Dragavon wrote:Since the current teams are being lead by Dumb and Dumber, I don't see the latter happening.


Nice comment! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 pm

BlueMole wrote:
He's sleeping off being written by Jeff Loeb.


Golden comment! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Dragavon wrote:The thought of tossing Hope into space and watching and pointing and laughing as she dies from the lack of oxygen has some appeal.


Golden!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:23 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Eventually this will all end with everyone teaming, kicking the Phoenix's ass and everyone being all "We're sorry, we were both wrong."



Just like every other vs. comic in the history of vs. comics.



TELL ME I'M WRONG!!!!


Oh damn, you just gave away the ending for everybody! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Sakie wrote:
Well, clearly you're wrong. Let's look at the facts: Civil War happens, Steve Rogers is arrested, Tony Stark is placed in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D. Secret Invasion happens, Tony Stark becomes a fugitive, Norman Osborne is placed in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D., scraps it and starts H.A.M.M.E.R. Siege happens, Norman Osborne is arrested, H.A.M.M.E.R. is destroyed, Steve Rogers is placed in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D.

If we continue to follow the pattern, it only stands to reason that the fickle government of the Marvel Universe will incarcerate some of the Avengers and then place Scott Summers as the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. The X-Men will become the top cops in the Marvel Universe, mutants will be revived, and we will wait for the next Marvel Event to rock the Marvel Universe to it's core while simultaneously breaking the internet in half.

:shock:


You have wisdom beyond your years, bro! :D :D :D

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:29 pm

BlueMole wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought Scott Summers is an absolute douche whose catchphrase during the event is "Fuck the Earth and give me my Magneto helmet." I don't know what comic you're reading but such a reasonable explanation isn't allowed in this discussion of how Cyclops is obviously most evil thundercunt to walk the planet since the guy who gave Corsair a faulty condom the night he conceived Cyclops.

Btw, I've totally switched sides. After reading this issue, I'm not only convinced that Cyclops is becoming a villain, I'm convinced that Cyclops has always been evil since he was planted as a Brotherhood mole before Uncanny X-Men #1. Can't wait for that reveal.


Cyclops is possessed by Parallax who came to the Marvel Universe from DC. :-D :-D

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8903
Likes: 1021 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Online


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Draco x » Sun May 06, 2012 8:44 pm

The President wrote:
Very true.

I'm giving the stupidity of the writing a lot of leeway because I just want to see people punch each other. :lol:


Yup. They should make a videogame out of this as that platform would be much more plausible than Civil War 2.0 currently.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 58 guests

Advertisement