Advertisement

AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18065
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 9 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 pm

dairydead wrote:
:lol: thats like saying its pointless to put supervillains in jail because they eventually break out. Sure, the real answer is to kill the supervillains, but that is obviously a last resort. Scott's "lets wait to see if this this blows us up or not" is in no way reasonable.


I honestly see the issue being between Scott and Logan now than I do it being between Scott and Cap.

I think the argument Bubba makes is far more likely than your saying, Logan even points this out in the comic.

Hab

Advertisement

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9555
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Or listen to Scott and let the zphoenix do what it's supposed to do?

Way to support murder, douche.


Scott doesn't have a clue about what the phoenix wants. Is he not noticing how its destroying dozens of planets with no problem?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 35924
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:The Phoenix retains soe of the host personality and memory, if they move her off planet and she does get possessed what is going to stop her from coming back to earth?


Getting her off the planet buys them time and saves earth. They can formulate a better plan. If it doesn't work, then they can kill her.

Thinking she's the messiah is dumb.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 35924
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 9:59 pm

habitual wrote:
No argument there, but, didn't we learn the last time that it's pretty much impossible to kill someone who manifests the Phoenix force, they have to off themselves.

I'm more interested in what Logan is going to do now than the race between Scott and Cap to find Hope.

Hab


I do like that Logan is a wild card in this. I wasn't comfortable with him on either side.

I really hope Spider-Man plays a bigger role.

I wonder where Reed Richards is?
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

BubbaKanoosh
User avatar
2009 Most Valuable Poster
 
Posts: 35085
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am
Formerly: BRBKanoosh


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 10:00 pm

The President wrote:
Getting her off the planet buys them time and saves earth. They can formulate a better plan. If it doesn't work, then they can kill her.

Thinking she's the messiah is dumb.


Why is it dumb?

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9555
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:00 pm

habitual wrote:
I honestly see the issue being between Scott and Logan now than I do it being between Scott and Cap.

I think the argument Bubba makes is far more likely than your saying, Logan even points this out in the comic.

Hab


apparently siding with Logan makes us douches.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9555
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:01 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Why is it dumb?


because the force is blowing up planets left and right and he's willing to sacrifice Earth on a hunch
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 35924
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:02 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Why is it dumb?


Because he's playing the odds and if he's wrong he gets everyone killed. The risk doesn't match the reward.

Getting more mutants is not worth risking the destruction of the planet.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9555
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:03 pm

The President wrote:
Because he's playing the odds and if he's wrong he gets everyone killed. The risk doesn't match the reward.

Getting more mutants is not worth risking the destruction of the planet.


especially because if Scott is right, she could still control it if she was off planet. There is literally no reason to keep her on planet.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18269
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 pm

dairydead wrote:
because the force is blowing up planets left and right and he's willing to sacrifice Earth on a hunch


This. It's the worst kind of Magneto logic.

BubbaKanoosh
User avatar
2009 Most Valuable Poster
 
Posts: 35085
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am
Formerly: BRBKanoosh


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 pm

The President wrote:
I do like that Logan is a wild card in this. I wasn't comfortable with him on either side.

I really hope Spider-Man plays a bigger role.

I wonder where Reed Richards is?


Frolicking with daddy.

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9555
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Bubba, can you explain to me why Hope needs to be on earth to be the mutant savior?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

BubbaKanoosh
User avatar
2009 Most Valuable Poster
 
Posts: 35085
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am
Formerly: BRBKanoosh


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

But, he is going to be right.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18065
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 9 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

The President wrote:
Getting her off the planet buys them time and saves earth. They can formulate a better plan. If it doesn't work, then they can kill her.

Thinking she's the messiah is dumb.


I take your point, I really do.

But didn't Second Coming pretty much prove she was? That was the whole reason that Bastion attacked her from the future.

Hab

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 35924
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:But, he is going to be right.


Probably.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 74 guests

Advertisement