Tuesday, August 23, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The trash of the multiverse has gotta end up somewhere."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

habitual wrote:
I take your point, I really do.

But didn't Second Coming pretty much prove she was? That was the whole reason that Bastion attacked her from the future.

Hab


Yes, but I don't think that the Phoenix was part of that plan.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

habitual wrote:
I take your point, I really do.

But didn't Second Coming pretty much prove she was? That was the whole reason that Bastion attacked her from the future.

Hab


Why did Bishop want to kill her again?
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Where Things Stand Right Now:

Cap: A cosmic entity that's been on Earth in the past and hasn't blown the planet up is on its way here. I was told it's a threat by a guy who likes dubstep and Snickers, so I know it's time for rash, ill-thought actions. Let me go and violently confront the person on the planet with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix after sending the scientist most familiar with the Phoenix on a suicide mission with a team that includes the one Avenger who thought this was a dumb idea. Trust me guys, I read up on this stuff on a MySpace page.

Cyke: Guys, I'm pretty convinced this teenage girl raised by my son (who is biologically older than me) is going to be possessed by a cosmic entity and then restart our race. Also, I think the idea turns me on a little because redheads with unlimited power has kind of been my thing all along. To hell with the risk as humankind largely doesn't give a shit about us. I probably wouldn't have this worldview had my good buddy Cap had spoken out about all the shit his country has put us through since I was 15. Hey, here he comes with a helicarrier filled with my friends to totally support us in our time of need.

Wolverine: I'm the best at what I do and what I do is stab teenage girls who need stabbin'. If a teenage girl tells me to stab them, I'll do it in a heartbeat and even growl when doing so. That's why I'm Headmaster, because I make the executive decisions that Douche and Douchier won't make.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm

dairydead wrote:Bubba, can you explain to me why Hope needs to be on earth to be the mutant savior?


No mutants on Ceti Alpha V last I checked.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm

dairydead wrote:Bubba, can you explain to me why Hope needs to be on earth to be the mutant savior?


So she can control/be possessed by the Phoenix instead of letting it blow up the planet like all the others that it's done so far?
User avatar

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Like Cyclops, I'm right as well.



*high five*



Firmly in the "X-Men are in the right, Avengers are douches" camp.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 pm

dairydead wrote:
especially because if Scott is right, she could still control it if she was off planet. There is literally no reason to keep her on planet.


I honestly didn't think there was the remotest possibility when I started reading this thing that Cap's plan was going to succeed.

I would not expect to see us on Hala or some uninhabited planet at the end or at any point in the story.

Hab
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm

habitual wrote:
I honestly didn't think there was the remotest possibility when I started reading this thing that Cap's plan was going to succeed.

I would not expect to see us on Hala or some uninhabited planet at the end or at any point in the story.

Hab


i mean, we know better as comic fans, but if you put yourself in the situation, Cap's view is pretty reasonable knowing what they know.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:35 pm

I can understand rooting for the X-Men.

I don't get "how they are right." The ends do not justify the means. Even if Cyclops ends up being right, the risk isn't worth it.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Why did Bishop want to kill her again?


I think in the future that Madrox and Layla visit in X-Factor they discover that Bishop thinks that Hope was the mutant responsible for humans incarcerating mutants in concentration camps. I don't think there was any real proof of this being Hope.

Hab
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

BlueMole wrote:
So she can control/be possessed by the Phoenix instead of letting it blow up the planet like all the others that it's done so far?


why can't she be possessed off planet? Maybe im missing something here.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:38 pm

dairydead wrote:
i mean, we know better as comic fans, but if you put yourself in the situation, Cap's view is pretty reasonable knowing what they know.


I think if some of the events in Second Coming didn't occur I would agree with you completely.

Scott does have sound reasoning to back up his point of view as well I think.

Hab
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

habitual wrote:
I think if some of the events in Second Coming didn't occur I would agree with you completely.

Scott does have sound reasoning to back up his point of view as well I think.

Hab


All we learned in Second Coming was that mutants started appearing again with Hope's arrival. I don't remember the Phoenix being part of any prophecy.
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

BlueMole wrote:Cap: A cosmic entity that's been on Earth in the past and hasn't blown the planet up is on its way here. I was told it's a threat by a guy who likes dubstep and Snickers, so I know it's time for rash, ill-thought actions. Let me go and violently confront the person on the planet with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix after sending the scientist most familiar with the Phoenix on a suicide mission with a team that includes the one Avenger who thought this was a dumb idea. Trust me guys, I read up on this stuff on a MySpace page.

It hasn't blown up Earth. It has blown up other planets. Including one on the way to Earth.

Oh, and the person with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix is the moron who thinks it's a good idea to cheat on The Phoenix's host with a super-villainess. And to subsequently let the super-villainess as well as various other murderers and scumbags join his team for "the defense of mutants."
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

dairydead wrote:
why can't she be possessed off planet? Maybe im missing something here.


Well, we know that the Phoenix is on a collision course with Earth. To the best of my knowledge, that's all we know. Cap's presuming that it's coming because of Hope because they share the same energy source.

Taking a step back, there's two options here:

1) Get Hope off-world and hope that the Phoenix follows.

2) Keep Hope on world and hope that she can control it.

If they choose option one and the Phoenix doesn't follow, Earth goes boom. If they choose option two and they're wrong, they stab the shit out of Hope and put the Phoenix down (just like what happened the last time it came to Earth).

Unless there's some sort of evidence that the Phoenix is definitely going to follow Hope, I wouldn't move her off world. I can understand Cap wanting to control the situation for Option Two (especially as he has an Avenger brought onto the team expressly for killing things) but Option One seems as needlessly risky as doing nothing and trusting Cyke that everything's going to be alright.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flamebird, Glaeken, GLX, Google [Bot] and 61 guests