Advertisement

AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: AvX #3 *Spoilers*

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

habitual wrote:
I take your point, I really do.

But didn't Second Coming pretty much prove she was? That was the whole reason that Bastion attacked her from the future.

Hab

Yes, but I don't think that the Phoenix was part of that plan.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 157 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

habitual wrote:
I take your point, I really do.

But didn't Second Coming pretty much prove she was? That was the whole reason that Bastion attacked her from the future.

Hab

Why did Bishop want to kill her again?

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 27 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Where Things Stand Right Now:

Cap: A cosmic entity that's been on Earth in the past and hasn't blown the planet up is on its way here. I was told it's a threat by a guy who likes dubstep and Snickers, so I know it's time for rash, ill-thought actions. Let me go and violently confront the person on the planet with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix after sending the scientist most familiar with the Phoenix on a suicide mission with a team that includes the one Avenger who thought this was a dumb idea. Trust me guys, I read up on this stuff on a MySpace page.

Cyke: Guys, I'm pretty convinced this teenage girl raised by my son (who is biologically older than me) is going to be possessed by a cosmic entity and then restart our race. Also, I think the idea turns me on a little because redheads with unlimited power has kind of been my thing all along. To hell with the risk as humankind largely doesn't give a shit about us. I probably wouldn't have this worldview had my good buddy Cap had spoken out about all the shit his country has put us through since I was 15. Hey, here he comes with a helicarrier filled with my friends to totally support us in our time of need.

Wolverine: I'm the best at what I do and what I do is stab teenage girls who need stabbin'. If a teenage girl tells me to stab them, I'll do it in a heartbeat and even growl when doing so. That's why I'm Headmaster, because I make the executive decisions that Douche and Douchier won't make.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 420 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm

dairydead wrote:Bubba, can you explain to me why Hope needs to be on earth to be the mutant savior?

No mutants on Ceti Alpha V last I checked.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm

dairydead wrote:Bubba, can you explain to me why Hope needs to be on earth to be the mutant savior?

So she can control/be possessed by the Phoenix instead of letting it blow up the planet like all the others that it's done so far?

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Like Cyclops, I'm right as well.

*high five*

Firmly in the "X-Men are in the right, Avengers are douches" camp.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 120 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 pm

dairydead wrote:
especially because if Scott is right, she could still control it if she was off planet. There is literally no reason to keep her on planet.

I honestly didn't think there was the remotest possibility when I started reading this thing that Cap's plan was going to succeed.

I would not expect to see us on Hala or some uninhabited planet at the end or at any point in the story.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 69 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm

habitual wrote:
I honestly didn't think there was the remotest possibility when I started reading this thing that Cap's plan was going to succeed.

I would not expect to see us on Hala or some uninhabited planet at the end or at any point in the story.

Hab

i mean, we know better as comic fans, but if you put yourself in the situation, Cap's view is pretty reasonable knowing what they know.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:35 pm

I can understand rooting for the X-Men.

I don't get "how they are right." The ends do not justify the means. Even if Cyclops ends up being right, the risk isn't worth it.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Why did Bishop want to kill her again?

I think in the future that Madrox and Layla visit in X-Factor they discover that Bishop thinks that Hope was the mutant responsible for humans incarcerating mutants in concentration camps. I don't think there was any real proof of this being Hope.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 69 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

BlueMole wrote:
So she can control/be possessed by the Phoenix instead of letting it blow up the planet like all the others that it's done so far?

why can't she be possessed off planet? Maybe im missing something here.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed May 02, 2012 10:38 pm

dairydead wrote:
i mean, we know better as comic fans, but if you put yourself in the situation, Cap's view is pretty reasonable knowing what they know.

I think if some of the events in Second Coming didn't occur I would agree with you completely.

Scott does have sound reasoning to back up his point of view as well I think.

Hab

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

habitual wrote:
I think if some of the events in Second Coming didn't occur I would agree with you completely.

Scott does have sound reasoning to back up his point of view as well I think.

Hab

All we learned in Second Coming was that mutants started appearing again with Hope's arrival. I don't remember the Phoenix being part of any prophecy.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

BlueMole wrote:Cap: A cosmic entity that's been on Earth in the past and hasn't blown the planet up is on its way here. I was told it's a threat by a guy who likes dubstep and Snickers, so I know it's time for rash, ill-thought actions. Let me go and violently confront the person on the planet with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix after sending the scientist most familiar with the Phoenix on a suicide mission with a team that includes the one Avenger who thought this was a dumb idea. Trust me guys, I read up on this stuff on a MySpace page.

It hasn't blown up Earth. It has blown up other planets. Including one on the way to Earth.

Oh, and the person with the most experience dealing with the Phoenix is the moron who thinks it's a good idea to cheat on The Phoenix's host with a super-villainess. And to subsequently let the super-villainess as well as various other murderers and scumbags join his team for "the defense of mutants."

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

dairydead wrote:
why can't she be possessed off planet? Maybe im missing something here.

Well, we know that the Phoenix is on a collision course with Earth. To the best of my knowledge, that's all we know. Cap's presuming that it's coming because of Hope because they share the same energy source.

Taking a step back, there's two options here:

1) Get Hope off-world and hope that the Phoenix follows.

2) Keep Hope on world and hope that she can control it.

If they choose option one and the Phoenix doesn't follow, Earth goes boom. If they choose option two and they're wrong, they stab the shit out of Hope and put the Phoenix down (just like what happened the last time it came to Earth).

Unless there's some sort of evidence that the Phoenix is definitely going to follow Hope, I wouldn't move her off world. I can understand Cap wanting to control the situation for Option Two (especially as he has an Avenger brought onto the team expressly for killing things) but Option One seems as needlessly risky as doing nothing and trusting Cyke that everything's going to be alright.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand