Advertisement

AVX #9 spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: AVX #9 spoilers

Postby habitual » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Amoebas wrote:Anyone who knows me here, knows I'm not a fan of Marvel's direction these last 8-9 years of a writer having a story that they force the characters into. To me characters are always more important than the story and that been lacking for almost a decade at Marvel imo.

But there's sometimes glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Daredevil in his own book is one example, and Spider-Man in this issue is another.

This looked, sounded like and most importantly, felt like Spider-Man.

Too bad that didn't happen with the rest of the characters in this issue...

When did Colossus become a sped?

Eight days and Cydick didn't fix Wakanda himself?

"No one's seen Black Panther since the fall of Wakanda" (which was 8 days ago). So where is he? Oh, there he is, easily found in Wakanda, and then there he is next to Cap, the very person who was told that the Panther couldn't be found. Huh? :smt017

And where the hell is Reed Richards in all of this. That he hasn't been invited into this 'event' is a joke. World wide (beyond) alpha class forces that essentially have taken over the world and not a whisper of the guy that a 1st grader would know to call for.

And as much as I find the guy boring, where the hell is Doom? Phoenix Force energy is just the kind of thing Vic would love to grab. And for that matter, where are all the villains. It's their world too.

Emma goes after an off the map guy who may or may not have known he struck a person and kills him, yet people who have openly killed mutants (Marauders, the Upstarts, Stryker, Nefaria, Wolverine, etc) remain untouched by her new wraith? Weird.

And these are all the same reasons why Hickman's FF run was phenomenal.

Hab

Advertisement

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Draco x » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
With her and Scott being the last phoenix's it sets up scott killing Emma and then letting his own phoenix power go elsewhere. It seems out of place in this issue but I think it will fit into the picture of Emma being the real big bad here.

Can't wait for this to play out as I hate Emma and want her to die so bad. However, I think Scott might bite the bullet as well by chance.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:03 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Yep, tied everything together by living up to his previous words better than any other character in this mini. Anyone that still thinks Spider-Man shouldn't be an Avenger based on how he was mainly used as comic relief with Ben
dis was massively proven wrong as this showed when used properly he doesn't only belong but deserves to stand out as one of the top characters in Marvel's top team just like he does as a solo character.

Just hope this opportunity isn't squandered. There's no other way to sum it up other than 'Jason Aaron gets Spider-Man like no other writer has in decades'.

This I disagree with. It's the same old Spidey, with a writer that gets him, just written into an Avengers crossover. There was nothing about this that Peter needed to be an Avenger.

Hab

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm

As far as Doom goes, he's dealing with much more powerful items than the Phoenix force at the old council of Reed's meeting place.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm

habitual wrote:
This I disagree with. It's the same old Spidey, with a writer that gets him, just written into an Avengers crossover. There was nothing about this that Peter needed to be an Avenger.

Hab

I think though, that it was important for him to be an Avenger because he could give that sort of insight. He was never taken seriously during the entire run, and his speech was informed completely by that.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

habitual wrote:

Hab

He took the great power,great responsibility/never say die concept of Spider-Man into Marvel's premier team to an extent where he outshined every character by simply standing his ground.

It's not that he doesn't need to be an Avenger, it's that he's the best example of a Marvel character who epitomises what an Avenger is supposed to be. Even more than Captain America. It's the other way around....the Avengers NEED Spider-Man at the forefront due to this and Aaron's writing proved why he fits the role so well here.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
He took the great power,great responsibility/never say die concept of Spider-Man into Marvel's premier team to an extent where he outshined every character by simply standing his ground.

It's not that he doesn't need to be an Avenger, it's that he's the best example of a Marvel character who epitomises what an Avenger is supposed to be. Even more than Captain America. It's the other way around....the Avengers NEED Spider-Man at the forefront due to this and Aaron's writing proved why he fits the role so well here.

Absolutely agreed.

I knew when I read Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine that Aaron really had a grasp of what makes Spider-Man/Peter Parker one of the best characters in all of the Marvel Universe.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Sakie wrote:
This.

Spider-Man doesn't quit. Ever. This moment illustrated that fact perfectly. Here he was, outclassed by two insanely powerful beings and all he could think about was distracting them long enough to give his friends enough time to escape. We all knew that Marvel wouldn't kill Spidey off but there was a moment where you were actually concerned that it might happen.

I actually thought he was going to die then one of the following was going to happen,

1. Colossus beats down his sister then heals spidey.
2. They defeat each other and then BOOM PHOENIX SPIDERMAN!!!
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm

draco x wrote:
Can't wait for this to play out as I hate Emma and want her to die so bad. However, I think Scott might bite the bullet as well by chance.

I don't think he will

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Well all I have to say is it was the best issue of Amazing Spider-Man I've read in years. I'm just afraid that Peter's face is now permenantly concave thanks to a Colossus/Juggernaut/Phoenix punch.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Zechs wrote:The only Marvel writer who got this relationship was Dwayne McDuffie. That's it, which is sad since it felt forced to begin with when it shouldn't have been given Christopher Priest's run.

Did you read Jason Aaron's Black Panther arc during Secret Invasion? David Liss' Man Without Fear? They both had a good grip on them.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I actually thought he was going to die then one of the following was going to happen,

I thought the same thing as you with Spidey and Colossus. This was by far the best issue of this series so far. I would actually start buying Amazing Spider-Man again if Aaron was the writer.

Apache Chef
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Apache Chef » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 am

Amoebas wrote:Anyone who knows me here, knows I'm not a fan of Marvel's direction these last 8-9 years of a writer having a story that they force the characters into. To me characters are always more important than the story and that been lacking for almost a decade at Marvel imo.

But there's sometimes glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Daredevil in his own book is one example, and Spider-Man in this issue is another.

This looked, sounded like and most importantly, felt like Spider-Man.

Too bad that didn't happen with the rest of the characters in this issue...

When did Colossus become a sped?

Eight days and Cydick didn't fix Wakanda himself?

"No one's seen Black Panther since the fall of Wakanda" (which was 8 days ago). So where is he? Oh, there he is, easily found in Wakanda, and then there he is next to Cap, the very person who was told that the Panther couldn't be found. Huh? :smt017

And where the hell is Reed Richards in all of this. That he hasn't been invited into this 'event' is a joke. World wide (beyond) alpha class forces that essentially have taken over the world and not a whisper of the guy that a 1st grader would know to call for.

And as much as I find the guy boring, where the hell is Doom? Phoenix Force energy is just the kind of thing Vic would love to grab. And for that matter, where are all the villains. It's their world too.

Emma goes after an off the map guy who may or may not have known he struck a person and kills him, yet people who have openly killed mutants (Marauders, the Upstarts, Stryker, Nefaria, Wolverine, etc) remain untouched by her new wraith? Weird.

The story is called Avengers vs. X-Men. I don't think the FF or Doom or a bunch of villains need to be in it. It's like wondering why Thor doesn't show up in Ghost Rider or something and help him defeat his enemies.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

Spidey has always outshined the Avengers.

It's why Bendis and Quesada needed him and Wolverine to make it a better comic.

Hab

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I actually thought he was going to die then one of the following was going to happen,

Oh...do you mean the Spider-Phoenix?!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand