Advertisement

AVX #9 spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: AVX #9 spoilers

Postby Amoebas » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Apache Chef wrote:

The story is called Avengers vs. X-Men. I don't think the FF or Doom or a bunch of villains need to be in it. It's like wondering why Thor doesn't show up in Ghost Rider or something and help him defeat his enemies.

Last time I checked, Reed still has being an Avenger on his resume. But that doesn't even matter. It's just asinine to show Tony struggling alone on how to solve everything, when there are numerous eggheads (Reed being the first and foremost) out there who would be more than willing to help.

Just a year ago Tony was in this exact same spot trying to figure out that Feat Itself nonsense. You'd think he'd have learned that two heads are better than one (or is hereally that arragant to think only he can fix it?).

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Reed will show up in next week's New Avengers issue... and just because read WAS an Avenger doesn't mean he needs to appear... there are LOTS of former Avengers who aren't in the main series. Plus its not like Tony didn't have 3 other of the biggest minds working with him (Beast, T'Challa and Pym)

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 216 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Amoebas wrote:
When did Colossus become a sped?

Is "sped" another Outhouse acronym ? :smt017

Supremely
Powerful
Extraterrestial
Douche

:P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 201 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:04 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Is "sped" another Outhouse acronym ? :smt017

Supremely
Powerful
Extraterrestial
Douche

:P

I must remember this acronym.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 pm

I thought it meant special ed, like in spedwatch: http://www.spedwatch.org/

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Another thing I love about Aaron's spiderman, he writes him as an adult as opposed to a grown up teenager.

REALLY?!
Now I gotta read that.

And as for Storm and Black Panther end of their "author wish fulfillment-where the fuck did they pull that out?" marriage...Reginald Hudlin must be really pissed.

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 201 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Miracloman wrote:
REALLY?!
Now I gotta read that.

And as for Storm and Black Panther end of their "author wish fulfillment-where the fuck did they pull that out?" marriage...Reginald Hudlin must be really pissed.

At least they didn't have T'Challa make a deal with the devil to get his marriage erased unlike some people whose names I will not mention( Cough: Peter and MJ).

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:34 pm

e_galston wrote:Reed will show up in next week's New Avengers issue... and just because read WAS an Avenger doesn't mean he needs to appear... there are LOTS of former Avengers who aren't in the main series. Plus its not like Tony didn't have 3 other of the biggest minds working with him (Beast, T'Challa and Pym)

Agreed, Reed doesn't 'need' to appear. But it sure is stupid not. At lest throw the old 'he's stuck in the Negative Zone' excuse out if you have to, just to cover it..

With this latest issues it's clearly stated that it's been 8 days since Namor visited Wakanda and in all that time Reed Richards, the man who just basically became T'Challa's brother in the latest FF, hasn't done anything? He's easily the most qualified person on the planet at this kind of stuff. And what good are Tony's 'other 3 big guns' when they really haven't done anything (Well, T'Challa did tell Tony that "science fails", so I'm sure that was more helpful than "have you called Reed"?) :lol:

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 187 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 am

Miracloman wrote:
REALLY?!
Now I gotta read that.

Astonishing Spiderman and Wolverine is such a great mini.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:34 am

After a few issues that were a little bit less than amazing, this one was a return to form. I’d definitely say that Jason Aaron has written the best parts of this event. The main focus of this issue was Spider-Man, a character who some fans still, after 8 years or so, don’t think should be an Avenger. Hopefully this issue will have changed their minds, he did as he said he would, he stepped up. I do question the reasons why he chose this particular moment to do so, it seemed kind of arbitrary. But that’s just quibbling, because when he stays behind to try and stop Colossus and Magik by himself, it’s just true heroism, and another example of why Spider-Man is one of the greatest characters in all of fiction, when he mentions Uncle Ben… man, that was emotional. I also liked that Aaron continued his excellent use of Colossus in this issue, even while he was beating the crap out Spidey, he still has his doubts, he knows deep down he doesn’t want to do this, but the Phoenix Force is making him do it. We even saw that with Emma Frost in this issue, she has seemed almost unrepentantly bad in this story at points, but the little bit where she asks Cyclops to stop her… it showed the humanity still within her. Of course, the most controversial part of this issue doesn’t involve Spider-Man or Cyclops, but the annulment of the Storm/Black Panther marriage. I’m not going to get all angry at this yet, because I think by the end of this event, they’ll be back together, Storm has switched sides back to the Avengers after all, and she’s the one who led the rescue effort to the Hell-Volcano. That’s how big this event is, it’s got a Hell-Volcano. Summer event comics done right. At the end, Magik and Colossus fight each other, and their bit of the Phoenix goes to Cyclips, who now has the ability to rip through the dimensions and break into K’Un Lun. Holy shit, it just gets bigger.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand