Monday, May 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Assholes welcome."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Batman and the Outsiders #8 *Spoilers*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:41 pm

chap22 wrote:hell no. i'm absolutely NOT a fan of the gunslingers. i'm saying that if there's a way to stop villains from killing again without killing them, though, it may not be such a bad thing to look into it.

Yes, it's called prison. Though with the number of break-outs in the MU and DCU, they might as well be called revolving doors!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Frost wrote:So in other words.. you advocate the Justice Lords policy of heat vision lobotomies?

nope, b/c that killed Lex too.

i advocate solely the "Power Pact" method of Zatanna-mindwiping...b/c Dr. Light was SO much cooler when he was a bumbling thief than he is now as a depraved meta-rapist/murderer.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm

chap22 wrote:nope, b/c that killed Lex too.

i advocate solely the "Power Pact" method of Zatanna-mindwiping...b/c Dr. Light was SO much cooler when he was a bumbling thief than he is now as a depraved meta-rapist/murderer.

MAKE SENSE! Because you lost me since if you advocate it why hate what Dr. Light truly was then?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Frost wrote:Image

MAKE SENSE! Because you lost me since if you advocate it why hate what Dr. Light truly was then?
i'm making perfect sense. i hate it when superheroes actively purposely kill. i hate the Punisher, i hate Vigilante, i hated it when Wondy snapped Max's neck, etc.

but i have no problem with a controlled mindwipe.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 pm

chap22 wrote:i'm making perfect sense. i hate it when superheroes actively purposely kill. i hate the Punisher, i hate Vigilante, i hated it when Wondy snapped Max's neck, etc.

but i have no problem with a controlled mindwipe.

So again you agree with Justice Lords policy of Heat Vision Lobotomies. And the only reason they killed Luthor cause he had his finger on the nuclear button.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Frost wrote:So again you agree with Justice Lords policy of Heat Vision Lobotomies. And the only reason they killed Luthor cause he had his finger on the nuclear button.

well, unless i'm misremembering the ep, the only lobotomy that didn't result in death was Doomsday, who's unkillable, right? other heat-vision lobotomies = kaput. ergo, no, i don't agree with those. now, if they can be done to normal joes without killing, then sure, have at it.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 pm

chap22 wrote:well, unless i'm misremembering the ep, the only lobotomy that didn't result in death was Doomsday, who's unkillable, right? other heat-vision lobotomies = kaput. ergo, no, i don't agree with those. now, if they can be done to normal joes without killing, then sure, have at it.

Nope, it wasn't death. It just made them mostly vegetable-like and all nice and calm. Like somewhat sane Joker and totally mellow Scarface.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Frost wrote:Nope, it wasn't death. It just made them mostly vegetable-like and all nice and calm. Like somewhat sane Joker and totally mellow Scarface.

then i stand corrected. lobotomies for all!!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 pm

chap22 wrote:then i stand corrected. lobotomies for all!!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:02 pm

I somewhat have a problem with superhero justice and the outlook on the super-villains as, because things are constantly re-written, there's not a clear list of what the super-villains have done.

leave a comment with facebook