Advertisement

Batman and the Outsiders #8 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18511
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:41 pm

chap22 wrote:hell no. i'm absolutely NOT a fan of the gunslingers. i'm saying that if there's a way to stop villains from killing again without killing them, though, it may not be such a bad thing to look into it.

Yes, it's called prison. Though with the number of break-outs in the MU and DCU, they might as well be called revolving doors!
Image

Advertisement

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21381
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 131 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Frost wrote:So in other words.. you advocate the Justice Lords policy of heat vision lobotomies?

nope, b/c that killed Lex too.

i advocate solely the "Power Pact" method of Zatanna-mindwiping...b/c Dr. Light was SO much cooler when he was a bumbling thief than he is now as a depraved meta-rapist/murderer.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43608
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm

chap22 wrote:nope, b/c that killed Lex too.

i advocate solely the "Power Pact" method of Zatanna-mindwiping...b/c Dr. Light was SO much cooler when he was a bumbling thief than he is now as a depraved meta-rapist/murderer.


Image

MAKE SENSE! Because you lost me since if you advocate it why hate what Dr. Light truly was then?
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21381
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 131 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Frost wrote:Image

MAKE SENSE! Because you lost me since if you advocate it why hate what Dr. Light truly was then?
i'm making perfect sense. i hate it when superheroes actively purposely kill. i hate the Punisher, i hate Vigilante, i hated it when Wondy snapped Max's neck, etc.

but i have no problem with a controlled mindwipe.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43608
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 pm

chap22 wrote:i'm making perfect sense. i hate it when superheroes actively purposely kill. i hate the Punisher, i hate Vigilante, i hated it when Wondy snapped Max's neck, etc.

but i have no problem with a controlled mindwipe.


So again you agree with Justice Lords policy of Heat Vision Lobotomies. And the only reason they killed Luthor cause he had his finger on the nuclear button.
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21381
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 131 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Frost wrote:So again you agree with Justice Lords policy of Heat Vision Lobotomies. And the only reason they killed Luthor cause he had his finger on the nuclear button.


well, unless i'm misremembering the ep, the only lobotomy that didn't result in death was Doomsday, who's unkillable, right? other heat-vision lobotomies = kaput. ergo, no, i don't agree with those. now, if they can be done to normal joes without killing, then sure, have at it.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43608
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 pm

chap22 wrote:well, unless i'm misremembering the ep, the only lobotomy that didn't result in death was Doomsday, who's unkillable, right? other heat-vision lobotomies = kaput. ergo, no, i don't agree with those. now, if they can be done to normal joes without killing, then sure, have at it.


Nope, it wasn't death. It just made them mostly vegetable-like and all nice and calm. Like somewhat sane Joker and totally mellow Scarface.
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21381
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 131 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Frost wrote:Nope, it wasn't death. It just made them mostly vegetable-like and all nice and calm. Like somewhat sane Joker and totally mellow Scarface.

then i stand corrected. lobotomies for all!!
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43608
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 pm

chap22 wrote:then i stand corrected. lobotomies for all!!


Image
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29324
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:02 pm

I somewhat have a problem with superhero justice and the outlook on the super-villains as, because things are constantly re-written, there's not a clear list of what the super-villains have done.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 73 guests

Advertisement