Advertisement

Batman Annual - Mr Freeze's new origin

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Batman Annual - Mr Freeze's new origin

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Punchy wrote:The framing sequence with his mother were two different occasions, her fall in the ice at the beginning is what disabled her at the end.

That's the way I read it too. Additionally, I believe the first incident created Victor's fascination with ice while the second incident galvanized his obsession.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Zero wrote:
Yeah usually, but I didn't know Freeze's skin was ever that cold before.

Perhaps, but it does make sense. If he can't survive at temperatures warmer than freezing, and has been basically a living hunk of dry ice for years, then it would suck to touch him....

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Good annual. Worth the $4.99. I hope this means Snyder will use Mr. Freeze again in the future.
ImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Punchy wrote:The framing sequence with his mother were two different occasions, her fall in the ice at the beginning is what disabled her at the end.

that's how i read it... the first sequence she was disabled and that like the following year or something he pushed her in the ice.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 am

So how did she get the damage on her hand that resulted in the two blood circles? I read it as the the first sequence is what he told his psychiatrist while the second is what actually happened. But we don't know the actual accident that caused her to be damaged.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 am

Dragavon wrote:So how did she get the damage on her hand that resulted in the two blood circles? I read it as the the first sequence is what he told his psychiatrist while the second is what actually happened. But we don't know the actual accident that caused her to be damaged.

I just looked at both the first framing sequence and the second one, and in the first one he looks younger, the second one both Victor and his mother looks older. Plus she says "we're off to the contest again." The two blood circles could have happened anytime before he pushed her in.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 am

Dragavon wrote:So how did she get the damage on her hand that resulted in the two blood circles? I read it as the the first sequence is what he told his psychiatrist while the second is what actually happened. But we don't know the actual accident that caused her to be damaged.

She cut herself because she was brain-damaged.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 am

I liked this book. It actually made Mr. Freeze interesting to me.

I've always considered him a real D-list character, but now I'm actually interested.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:38 am

Sitebreaker wrote:
that's how i read it... the first sequence she was disabled and that like the following year or something he pushed her in the ice.

But the reliability, or unreliability, of Freeze is a major point of the story. Nora isn't his wife and his mother's death wasn't an accident.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand