Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Batman #2 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Batman #2 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Check out what the Outhousers are saying about Batman #2!

Here's what Outhouser guitarsmashley thinks about Batman #2.  What are your thoughts about the series?  Share in the comments below!

Ok this story is now getting interesting and is making the first issue look even more interesting. The biggest complaint is the art, some of the story telling feels broken or disjointed.

Written or Contributed by: LOLtron

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/features/202-forum-discussions/16792-batman-2-discussion-spoilers.html/

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Awesome fucking issue. I had to go back and reread the first issue for anything I missed on the first read. My only complaint is the art. Bruce and Lincoln are drawn alike way too much.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:21 am

I'm really enjoying this book; great issue.

Bruce and Lincoln were drawn a lot alike, but other than that I love the art.

I like the new badguy too, pretty cool and nice to see something new.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:48 am

I think what I liked the most, was how quickly snyder killed the Dick plot line and moved into a these people know what we are mode.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:58 pm

WHat fucking fuck did you to my thread?

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Can I just say this - I think there's a reason Bruce and the Other Guy look alike. Snyder's not an idiot

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 pm

The Bass wrote:Can I just say this - I think there's a reason Bruce and the Other Guy look alike. Snyder's not an idiot

No I think it's because Capullo draws people like that. And by all accounts Lincoln could be dead right now.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:44 pm

I loved this issue. And i'm not the biggest batman fan. I picked the first issue up because Synder pitched it really well at Baltimore Comic Con, and i'm glad i did.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:38 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
No I think it's because Capullo draws people like that. And by all accounts Lincoln could be dead right now.

dude, you're smarter than that. that dude is clearly running the Council of Owls. how else would he know it existed if Batman himself didn't? the "murder attempt"/stabbing is clearly a ruse.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:45 pm

chap22 wrote:dude, you're smarter than that. that dude is clearly running the Council of Owls. how else would he know it existed if Batman himself didn't? the "murder attempt"/stabbing is clearly a ruse.

Because I'm trying to give Snyder a little more credit than that. I'm hoping he's better than Loeb's Tommy Elliot.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 am

My favourite thing about this take on Batman is how Snyder is developing Gotham City and giving it history and depth and making it come alive as a real place. It’s like what James Robinson did with Opal City in Starman, and hopefully Snyder will be as successful at building a city as Robinson was. I also like how Batman is really updating his technology, last month we had the contact-lens computer, this time it’s a holographic morgue so he can examine corpses without having to break into the police station, it’s a really cool idea, and it means Batman is no longer a static character, which he was for most of the 90s and 2000s. I’m glad the mystery about whether Dick Grayson was the killer was dealt with quickly, as I felt that was kind of a cheap cliffhanger. The stuff with the Council Of Owls is intriguing, and should hopefully form a part of Snyder’s Gotham history-building. I still don’t trust Lincoln March though, he has the whiff of Tommy Elliott. Oh, and the action scene when Batman and his bike took on a helicopter was awesome. Greg Capullo’s art was great again, I love the design of the Owl-Assassin.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 am

This book was the tits, seriously. It's early, but I don't know if I've ever enjoyed someone's take on Batman as much as Snyder (between his run on Detective Comics and this.)

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:14 am

Punchy wrote: Oh, and the action scene when Batman and his bike took on a helicopter was awesome. Greg Capullo’s art was great again, I love the design of the Owl-Assassin.

I'll disagree a bit here, this was the major place I felt the art seemed disjointed. Even though I knew what was going on the art did not always keep me in the same place.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:35 am

Finally sat down and read this. Great issue and I can even overlook the reboot thing for the awesomeness of Snyder.

Now did anyone else notice the Hooded lady made an appearance? Its the first non-#1 book that I've seen her in.

leave a comment with facebook