Wednesday, November 22, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Batman/Doc Savage

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Punchy wrote:What's a Mega-series?

Somewhere between a mini and an ongoing I imagine! Twelve issues, perhaps?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:22 pm

skywatcher wrote:Somewhere between a mini and an ongoing I imagine! Twelve issues, perhaps?

12 is a Maxi-Series.

This is new terminology!

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:22 pm

24 issues.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:26 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:24 issues.

Is that a guess? Many ongoings don't last that long!

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:32 pm

skywatcher wrote:Is that a guess? Many ongoings don't last that long!

I said 12-15

I was just being a smart ass.

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:10 am

skywatcher wrote:Somewhere between a mini and an ongoing I imagine! Twelve issues, perhaps?

Just say however many issues between when it starts to when its cancelled due to low sales. :lol:

But I'm all over this stuff myself. So my money will be representing.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 pm

New interview with Azz:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22498

Before we discuss the series, let’s talk about the one-shot. Is that story set in current DCU continuity?

No. No, no, no. We have our own continuity. That’s what we’re creating here. It’s something brand new. We’re taking old characters and creating something new with them.

So is it set in present day?

It’s timeless. There are airships and cell phones. Computers and Tommy guns. Trains are a viable form of transportation. For lack of a better touchstone, think “Batman: The Animated Series.” Was that in the 1940s or was that now?

Was a world without superpowers one of your stipulations for taking on this project?

Dan came to me because he wanted that kind of world. The pinnacle of humanity in this world is Doc Savage. He’s top of the food chain.

Will readers need prior knowledge of Doc Savage heading into the one-shot or the series?

What. Do you think I want 10 guys reading this?

It’s also been announced that Doc Savage will be joined by other classic characters like The Spirit, the Blackhawks, Rima the Jungle Girl in the series that follows. And those will be reinterpretations, as well?

I don’t mind sharing who the characters are going to be because I guarantee, they are not going to be the way you are expecting them to be. So yeah, the Blackhawks are in it but you’re going to look at these Blackhawks and you’re going to be like, “This is not the way that they’ve been depicted before.”

When will we see this series?

Sometime next year.

Is it an ongoing series?

It’s a six-issue miniseries. But oversized.

And it was announced at Chicago Comic-Con that The Spirit will star in a new solo series coming out of this. Will there be more spin-off titles?

Yeah. There are going to be a number of series spinning out of this.

And will you be involved in all of those?

To some extent, yes.

This sounds fucking brilliant.

leave a comment with facebook