Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Batman Incorporated #8 (It's just like TRON! Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 pm

A strange issue. I liked a lot of the ideas raised here, and Internet 3.0 is a great setting, but the artwork from Scott Clark was pretty bad and it was hard to follow what was going on, which made the story less good than it could have been if Burnham had drawn it. I suppose Clark is a good fit because his art is computer-generated, but it didn’t work for me. It’s also a shame that this is the last issue and #9 and #10 have been cancelled, as it was yet more Leviathan build-up that we’ll have to wait a while for the pay-off to. It’s also a shame that the reboot is turning Oracle back into Batgirl, as I felt she worked really well as the defender of Web 3.0, it allowed her to still be a positive role model and hero for disabled people, but also get in on the action digitally.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm

I really wanted to see more of this idea but nope DC goes back to the old ideas. At least for now.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:33 pm

i had a really hard time reading this issue.. and i love that the blurb at the end said Batman and Batgirl in action this fall (or something to that effect) i wonder how much they are gonna change that issue.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Yuck! An unoriginal story with truly eye-flummoxing panels.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm so bummed we won't be seeing more of Barbara in the net or Tim as leader of the Outsiders.

Sromkie

underclassman

Postby Sromkie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I just read this one today and found the art to be overly distracting. In some panels, it was very difficult to tell what was going on. I do agree that Oracle defending Web 3.0 could have been an interesting spin on the character, but this was a pretty poor introduction to the concept.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:32 pm

Agree with the above 100%.

leave a comment with facebook