Advertisement

Batman #8 (Lucky Penny Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

Batman #8 (Lucky Penny Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

‘Night Of The Owls’ gets off to a great start in this issue, it’s always an exciting event when a villain takes the fight to Bruce in his own house, and this was no exception. The action sequences in this issue were just brilliant, I loved seeing Bruce Wayne in nothing but his pyjamas kick some Talon ass. Sure, he has his gadgets and his prep-time, but sometimes all Batman needs is his fists and a weather-vane. I also liked that Snyder gave Wayne Manor all sorts of booby-traps and secret compartments, like when Bruce went down the secret-chimney-slide. Too often these days the Batcave is just a big computer, but it can be so much more than that. Hell, even the giant penny got something to do! The back-up story was very good too, I was kind of annoyed that I’d have to pay an extra dollar (or 74p in reality), but Rafael Albuquerque artwork is worth that money I think, and his depictions of the various Bat-family members was very good. My only real problem with this issue was that Batman’s weird armour looked damn stupid under both artists, Capullo’s version was lame, Albuquerque’s was too, that indicates to me that the problem is not the artists, but the idea of the suit.

Advertisement

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Re: Batman #8 (Lucky Penny Spoilers)

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:40 am

Great issue; didn't mind the armor; loved how the story continues to be so relentlessly nightmarish. Rafael Albuquerque artwork is definitely worth the extra money.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand