Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Batman 3 (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm

So did people stop reading this book already? This is the issue that sold it for me. Snyder is picking back up gates of gotham type stories with the Owls and the Talon.

The whole 13th floor thing was very awesome and made me reread it over and over again at just how cool it was. Also I really hope snyder doesn't make lincoln the head because as I've said over and over again it's just too telegraphed.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 pm

This was fucking fantastic.

Batman as a detective + great atmosphere = best Batman ever.

Also, I thought this thread was going to be about the movie.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Best of the New 52 book, at least my personal favorite. Everything this meshes so well in this book, art and writing are perfectly complimenting each other like most books fail to do.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 pm

This book just gets better and better. It's easily my favorite DC book.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:32 pm

One of the few good things to come out of the reboot. Of course I think thats because its Snyder writing it more then anything else.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm loving most of the main books, with this being near the top.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:35 am

This and Swamp Thing are currently the best things DC puts out. Snyder is fast becoming one of my favourite writers of all time: he's in the small group of people whose books I will buy no matter what.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 am

nietoperz wrote:This and Swamp Thing are currently the best things DC puts out. Snyder is fast becoming one of my favourite writers of all time: he's in the small group of people whose books I will buy no matter what.

what he said.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:02 am

I'm on the verge of dropping it. The art is so goddamn unprofessional. I'm holding out that Mike Choi - who is doing covers starting next issue, might get drafted into doing pages, or we get Jock back from wherever DC threw him out of, but I'm just sick of Capullo at this point.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm

The Bass wrote:I'm on the verge of dropping it. The art is so goddamn unprofessional. I'm holding out that Mike Choi - who is doing covers starting next issue, might get drafted into doing pages, or we get Jock back from wherever DC threw him out of, but I'm just sick of Capullo at this point.

Um who wants to tell him that Capullo is on it for the long haul?

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

I love what Capullo's doing. Now that he's not trying to be a MacFarlane clone on Spawn, he's become awesome.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 am

This continues to be a very impressive run on Batman, the only negative I can really think of is the terrible Arkham City-inspired logo on the cover, it’s so lame. But as I said, inside the cover, this is all great, Snyder manages to fill each issue with plenty of action, plenty of intrigue and a nice blend of Batman and Bruce. Most writers veer to hard to one side and almost forget that Batman has a civilian identity, but to Snyder, Bruce Wayne is just as important to the book as Batman. I also love how he continues to build and develop Gotham’s history, such as with the flashback to the 1920s. I wonder if the Court Of Owls will show up in All Star Western? That book has a mysterious cabal, but it seems to be the Religion Of Crime, is there room for two? Capullo’s art continues to impress me, and the idea of the hidden bases in the ‘13th floors’ was genius. I’m not the biggest Batman fan really, but this is just great.

leave a comment with facebook