Advertisement

Batman #12 Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Title: Self Important

Batman #12 Spoilers

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 pm

It's about time Scott Snyder wrote a bad issue of Batman.

How do you stop Snyder from writing an issue of Batman? You take batman out of it. The issue features Harper Row the character no one has talked about introduced in the shadows of issue 1 and then showed up to rescue Batman that other time...yeah no one cares about this character. She's being set up to be the next oracle or Q type character but this issue was just kind of boring, it really was complete filler which was made more apparent when Becky Cloonan disappeared.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 249 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Batman #12 Spoilers

Postby Zechs » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Snyder should have devoted this issue to the true person who was in that panel in #1.. Cassandra Cain!! Probably even was the true star of this issue too. Stupid Didiot... :smt012

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1079 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:It's about time Scott Snyder wrote a bad issue of Batman.

How do you stop Snyder from writing an issue of Batman? You take batman out of it. The issue features Harper Row the character no one has talked about introduced in the shadows of issue 1 and then showed up to rescue Batman that other time...yeah no one cares about this character. She's being set up to be the next oracle or Q type character but this issue was just kind of boring, it really was complete filler which was made more apparent when Becky Cloonan disappeared.

This.

I had forgotten that this issue was supposed to be devoted to developing Harper Row. If I had remembered that when I picked up my books this week, I probably wouldn't have bought it. It just wasn't an enjoyable issue and I have no desire to know anything about this character.
ImageImageImage

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Read it in work. Incomprehensible garbage. And as for the much hyped Becky Cloonan art, she doesn't even do the full issue, and Andy Clarke (another artist wiped from DC's books with the relaunch) comes in to save this mess. Not good. No idea who the character is, and, given that Capullo is back next issue anyway, I dont care.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 520 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Yeah I think I will just skip this issue.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Yeah I think I will just skip this issue.

I'm sure she'll come back to be something important later on but she's being shoe horned by Snyder for something. I feel like it really is setting up a new Oracle or Q type character. The problem is you should see a character more than twice in 11 issues before giving her a spotlight.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I'm sure she'll come back to be something important later on but she's being shoe horned by Snyder for something. I feel like it really is setting up a new Oracle or Q type character. The problem is you should see a character more than twice in 11 issues before giving her a spotlight.

More so with the freaky first full appearance. It was like the characters were in on a "missing" story that we the reader weren't. She also feels for some odd reason put in there not by choice. The story introducing her felt more like a road bump than a smooth ride. Almost as if the character was created since Snyder couldn't put OTHER characters in the book. :smt012

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 am

Zechs wrote:
More so with the freaky first full appearance. It was like the characters were in on a "missing" story that we the reader weren't. She also feels for some odd reason put in there not by choice. The story introducing her felt more like a road bump than a smooth ride. Almost as if the character was created since Snyder couldn't put OTHER characters in the book. :smt012

I will somewhat agree with you. But she should have made more than 2 appearances in order for this issue to have been worth it.

- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:05 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
I will somewhat agree with you. But she should have made more than 2 appearances in order for this issue to have been worth it.

I agree fully with you. This character needed 2 full appearances (no cameos or in an issue for three pages) before this spotlight.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Postby xshane666x » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Terrible issue...I could barely get through it...and enough with the gay character crap in comics...I get it...its hip and cool now...but.Christ is it getting annoying.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 am

I totally have fag fade cut into my hair.

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:41 pm

After the Earth-shattering events of the last few issues, with long-lost siblings and all sorts of other craziness, Batman takes a step back with a quieter issue, and it only kind of works. This issue focuses on Harper Row, the mysterious girl who has shown up once or twice before in Snyder’s run to help Batman. Here we find out a lot more about her, she’s emancipated from her father, she has a gay brother who gets gay-bashed a lot, and despite being about 18, has a job working on the Gotham City electrical grid, which doesn’t make a lot of sense. I’m kind of conflicted about Harper, she seems interesting enough, but where is this going? I’m guessing she’s going to become a new version of that hunchbacked dude Batman used to have do his tech for him, what was his name? Harold? Although part of me thinks it would be hilarious for Harper to become the new Batgirl, partly to piss off all of the Stephanie and Cassandra fans. Oh how they would bitch. But for me, the most interesting things about this issue were the way Snyder continued to flesh out the world of Gotham City, explaining how it’s power grid works, and also how Batman has managed to use that to his advantage and explaining just how he doesn’t get caught on CCTV, that was cool. I found it interesting that Harper and her brother lived in The Narrows, is this the first time that element from Batman Begins has appeared in a comic? Are DC finally being sensible and bringing in Nolan’s ideas to the comics? How long until Rachel Dawes and John Blake show up? Becky Cloonan did her usual excellent job on art, the character of Harper is right in her wheelhouse, although it was a shame that she didn’t manage to do all of it. Andy Clarke was a good fill-in though.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:

I kept thinking of the Doctor Who episode "Blink" throughout this issue. There the story focused wholly on a completely unknown girl who briefly encounters (and saves) the Doctor. This episode is one of the best hours in TV history and the Doctor is barely in it! So I don't begrudge Snyder for showcasing Harper after only the slightest of previous appearances.

This said, it was a boring issue after all the greatness he's done for the last couple years plus.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand