Advertisement

Batwing #9 (Compromise Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Batwing #9 (Compromise Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:15 pm

From Black Superman to Black Batman! Who says comics are too narrow-minded? In this issue the events of Batman impact everyone’s favourite heavily-armoured bat-dude as he’s attacked by one of those pesky Talons. And it’s not just any Talon, the flashbacks in this issue showed that he was one of the toughest Talons out there. I liked this issue even though it was a pretty inconsequential event tie-in, it was cool to see Batwing fight the Talon, I like seeing the character heavily involved with the rest of the Bat-family. It was also good to see Lucius Fox show up here, he’s always been one of my favourite Gotham supporting characters. It was also cool how Winick made sure the battle had a connection for Batwing, he wasn’t just fighting the Talon for the sake of it, but it involved a corrupt politician from his home country. The page where he elbowed that asshole in the face was a great moment. Marcus To took over on art with this issue and I think he did a very good job, his work is clean and clear and the action was very well-choreographed.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand