Advertisement

Batwing #6 (Humanity's Laws Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Batwing #6 (Humanity's Laws Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 am

This book is improving with every issue, and it really has become one of the sleeper hits of the New 52 for me. This issue continued it’s exploration of Batwing’s origins, showing his start in the Tinasha police force and his struggles with it’s corruption. We also see his first attempt at crime-fighting, and his first meeting with Batman. But it wasn’t all flashbacks, we also got a pretty extensive fight between Batwing and Massacre which included some pretty big hints as the the villain’s identity. Batwing seems convinced it’s General Keita, but I still reckon it’s his brother Isaac. It was announced this week that Marcus To would be taking over the artistic reigns of this book, and while I’m sure he’ll do a good job, I’ll certainly miss Ben Oliver, his depiction of Batwing’s armour is particularly good. It is pretty convenient that the remaining members of The Kingdom are in Gotham City, but hey.

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Batwing #6 (Humanity's Laws Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:58 am

Another good issue, but still a head scratcher - Batwing had to wear a weaponless outfit so he could make the 6 hour flight to where Massacre was. He engages Massacre all by himself and shortly after, Massacre escapes. But Batwing was with Batman 6 hours earlier at the Citadel. Batman - the guy with a plane and access to teleporters (if they're being used in the Nu52). Hell, Bat's could have called Supes or Flash or anyone to zip them both to Giza - why send an injured Batwing off alone on a 6 hour flight while Batman stays behind for at least the 12 hours it took Batwing to get to Giza and back? I know Judd wanted to make this about Batwing, but at the cost of making Batman look utterly useless?

And I do have to say I was shocked when Wing first thought Massacre was his old general. It's been pretty obvious it's his brother I thought.

Still, for a book I really thought was going to be dropped after the first issue, this has been a really good series.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand