Advertisement

Batwing #2 (A Lion's Heart Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Batwing #2 (A Lion's Heart Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

This is still pretty good, but I think it needs to make a leap, there’s so much potential in the concept of ‘African Batman’ but Judd Winick is just telling a pretty standard superhero story. But it’s still a damn good superhero story, and the art is excellent. I also started to like the character of David Zavimbe a lot more in this issue, in #1 I found him dull, but he showed real spirit and strength here, especially in the scene where he was literally skewered on Massacre’s sword. Massacre’s back-story is becoming pretty clear too, he was either a member of The Kingdom or suffered at their hands and is taking his revenge. I do like how Winick is creating lots of new characters like Thunder Fall and defining the DCU Africa more than it was before, when it was basically just B’Wana Beast and Congorilla. Ben Oliver’s art is as I said really strong, and the violence is surprisingly brutal. I’m enjoying this title, but I do feel it could be doing more.

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Re: Batwing #2 (A Lion's Heart Spoilers)

Postby jeremy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:27 am

I just picked up this one and #1 due to hearing some good stuff about it. I agree with you, it's an interesting concept and I kinda liked where the story pushed to a little more in this one, but they could definitely do more and will need to for me to keep reading it after the arc.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:52 am

this was a pretty big let down of an issue.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 127 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:this was a pretty big let down of an issue.

Agreed. It was just meh.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand