Advertisement

Batwing #7 (Something about Kony Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Batwing #7 (Something about Kony Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:44 am

What with all of the Kony controversy this week (I haven’t seen the video, but I know the basic gist) this book feels especially relevant and timely. As Batwing and Batman try and get to Gotham, we as readers are treated to a flashback to The Kingdom’s last stand, and we finally find out about the supposedly horrible thing they did. It was cool to see these characters, and I liked how Winick made their actions neither right or wrong, you can see how both sides could be correct. I’ve always liked Dustin Nguyen, so it was good to have him provide artwork for this issue, I know Marcos To is taking over, but I wouldn’t mind Nguyen here permanently. Also, did anyone else get the feeling that former-Kingdom members Staff and Razorwire were gay? It seems like Winick was hinting towards that, but you never can be sure. It doesn’t really matter though, they’re dead.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand