Advertisement

Batwing #3 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Batwing #3 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:41 am

The best issue so far, and I feel that we’re only now just scratching the surface of what this book can be. The revelation that David Zavimbe was once a child soldier adds a new twist to his character and to his relationship with Batman, who has himself trained many children to fight in a ‘war’. We also now know that David has a brother, Oscar, so it will be interesting to see where he shows up, unless he’s Massacre, which would be kind of lame. The fight between Batwing and Massacre was good stuff, and Ben Oliver’s art and how realistic it is means you feel every punch. I’m also very intrigued as to what The Kingdom actually did to betray ‘all of Africa’, it’s got to be pretty big whatever it was. This book is very solid, it doesn’t stand out, but it’s delivering good superhero storytelling in an exciting new setting, and that’s what I want from the DC reboot, not a lukewarm redo of Firestorm, something actually new.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand