Advertisement

Best Batman trades.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21381
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 131 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:42 pm

diana_fan wrote:Screw that! It scared the crap out of me as an adult! :)

It's a really different sort of Batman story, and I really like it. I just don't hear people talk about it much. I'm not sure if that's because other people don't like it, or because it's fairly obscure.


truthfully, the Cult is one of two "big" Batman stories i've just never gotten around to reading (the other being Arkham Asylum). and i don't really have much desire to get around to either one...
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10371
Likes: 79 posts
Liked in: 161 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 pm

chap22 wrote:truthfully, the Cult is one of two "big" Batman stories i've just never gotten around to reading (the other being Arkham Asylum). and i don't really have much desire to get around to either one...


...

Why, you sorry son of a biscuit eater...don't let your Morrison-hate get in the way of a good Batman experience! :evil:

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39604
Likes: 126 posts
Liked in: 194 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:42 pm

You're a kool-aid drinker too? :shock: :-D
SHABBA!

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10371
Likes: 79 posts
Liked in: 161 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:48 pm

Keb wrote:You're a kool-aid drinker too? :shock: :-D


Image

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39604
Likes: 126 posts
Liked in: 194 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm

Nice 8)
SHABBA!

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25025
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:21 pm

chap22 wrote:truthfully, the Cult is one of two "big" Batman stories i've just never gotten around to reading (the other being Arkham Asylum). and i don't really have much desire to get around to either one...


Well chappy Arkham Asylum is one overrated pile of freakin' crap. Morrison was tainted early for me with that pile of crap that cost me 25 bucks back when I was still scraping change together to buy the cheapest beer possible. Its stupid, a lot of wasted crap so Morrison can be "edgy and weird" and all that crap. Long Halloween was a much more enjoyable Batman read than AA.

My one word review: crap.

Now the Cult im interested in.

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I recently read the trades and I can't believe I wasn't picking it up when it was coming out. Great writing and those kind of stories are right up my alley. What the hell was I thinking? :lol:

It's a shame that book isn't around anymore. I bet it'd be even more awesome now that Jim Gordon is back.


I'd kill for another series of this with Gordon in charge. KILL!!!

Of course Chap and and GOSD got me hooked on that series. They've been bleeding me dry for years now. :cry:
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

jza1218
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby jza1218 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Keb wrote:You're a kool-aid drinker too? :shock: :-D


I can make a really easy reference to black people and kool-aid but I won't

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10371
Likes: 79 posts
Liked in: 161 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 pm

jza1218 wrote:I can make a really easy reference to black people and kool-aid but I won't


You're getting soft. :x

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21381
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 131 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:...

Why, you sorry son of a biscuit eater...don't let your Morrison-hate get in the way of a good Batman experience! :evil:


it's really not even Morrison...it's the art. i HATE that shit.

although i do think my thoughts on the story (from what i've heard of it) would be pretty similar to Aaron_W's masterful review. :-D
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39604
Likes: 126 posts
Liked in: 194 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 pm

chap22 wrote:it's really not even Morrison...it's the art. i HATE that shit.
Wow, you officially have no soul...

McKean's art is beautiful.
SHABBA!

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29324
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Aaron_W wrote:Well chappy Arkham Asylum is one overrated pile of freakin' crap. Morrison was tainted early for me with that pile of crap that cost me 25 bucks back when I was still scraping change together to buy the cheapest beer possible. Its stupid, a lot of wasted crap so Morrison can be "edgy and weird" and all that crap. Long Halloween was a much more enjoyable Batman read than AA.

My one word review: crap.

Now the Cult im interested in.
You should try reading it again. I know the feeling of broken-ass-iness but you might enjoy it now more than you did in the past. If you want, you can borrow my copy.

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25025
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:52 pm

john lewis wrote:You should try reading it again. I know the feeling of broken-ass-iness but you might enjoy it now more than you did in the past. If you want, you can borrow my copy.


I've got the original hardback. CRAP I tell ya!

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29324
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:07 am

Aaron_W wrote:I've got the original hardback. CRAP I tell ya!
I got the trade with the script where it explains everything Morrison was doing. Makes it much better.

And even though I hate you with an uncontrollable passion, that offer goes for you too, Chap.

jza1218
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby jza1218 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:32 am

Read Arkham Asylum: Living Hell by Dan Slott. It's much much better than the Morrison AA IMO

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 140 guests

Advertisement