Advertisement

Best Batman trades.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby 3MJ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 am

I feel trapped as a comic reader. I feel confused by Morrisons out there ideas, and find his stories and dialogue poor. But i'm not trapped in the past like Chappy who likes his stories and art only done in a certain way.

I need to find a group to belong to :(

Advertisement

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25025
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:48 am

john lewis wrote:I got the trade with the script where it explains everything Morrison was doing. Makes it much better.

And even though I hate you with an uncontrollable passion, that offer goes for you too, Chap.


Bah if I need to read the script along with the comic to figure it out then it must be CRAP!

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21418
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 162 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 am

Aaron_W wrote:Bah if I need to read the script along with the comic to figure it out then it must be CRAP!


truer words were never spoke. comics provide you a verbal AND a visual means of obtaining any information you need. if there's something the art can't show, the dialogue should be able to convey it. if there's something the writer wants you to see but doesn't want to waste exposition on it, the art should be able to convey it. if there's something in there that neither can convey properly without having to be further explained in liner notes, etc., then that's piss-poor storytelling in both aspects.


fooey, i say.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21418
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 162 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 am

Keb wrote:Wow, you officially have no soul...

McKean's art is beautiful.


hideous, butt-ugly, chicken-scratch garbage.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21418
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 162 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:44 am

Twigglet wrote: But i'm not trapped in the past like Chappy who likes his stories and art only done in a certain way.


hey! i resemble that remark! and you know good and well that if JM DeMatteis wrote every book in Marvel's line, you'd be happy as a clam. :P
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

toolverine
User avatar
King of Circle-Jerking
 
Posts: 7376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:00 pm
Location: A Fault Line


Postby toolverine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 am

The first 24 pages of Batman: Venom. :wink: :twisted:

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby 3MJ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 am

chap22 wrote:hey! i resemble that remark! and you know good and well that if JM DeMatteis wrote every book in Marvel's line, you'd be happy as a clam. :P


I wish so badly for him to write ASM :(

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25025
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 am

My sister grabbed me The Cult at Comic-Con. Can't find the Breyfogle Demon trade though. :(

L Independant
User avatar
25 To Life
 
Posts: 13927
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:39 pm
Location: 3 Clicks SE of Obama


Postby L Independant » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:53 am

Gothic. It shows Morrison writing Batman well. :?

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9227
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Postby Zero » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:03 am

I like the Vampire stories, Broken City, Long Halloween\Dark Victory Arkham Asylum, City of Crime and I actually quite enjoyed Under the Hood until I found out the decidedly un-Gotham-y reason Jason was back.

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39895
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 294 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Online


Postby Keb » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 pm

which vampire stories? the trilogy? I want to read that. I used to see the second part on bargain shelves everywhere.
SHABBA!

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9227
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Postby Zero » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah, the trilogy. They put it out all as one thinger during Countdown, cos VampBatman appeared in Arena. The art's the main sell, but the story's pretty entertaining if you like it gothic.

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29560
Likes: 14 posts
Liked in: 183 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Online


Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 pm

chap22 wrote:truer words were never spoke. comics provide you a verbal AND a visual means of obtaining any information you need. if there's something the art can't show, the dialogue should be able to convey it. if there's something the writer wants you to see but doesn't want to waste exposition on it, the art should be able to convey it. if there's something in there that neither can convey properly without having to be further explained in liner notes, etc., then that's piss-poor storytelling in both aspects.


fooey, i say.
Well, do you understand Tarot cards and the meanings behind them? If so, then you don't need the script. If you didn't (like me), then the script would probably help you.

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25025
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:18 pm

I flipped through AA again last night. It still fails.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9227
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Postby Zero » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Aaron_W wrote:I flipped through AA again last night. It still fails.


I put it to you that it is not the book but you sir that fails.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 56 guests

Advertisement