Advertisement

In Bid to Appease Feminists, Marvel to Almost Include Captain Marvel in Avengers: Age of Ultron (SPOILERS)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 245 posts

In Bid to Appease Feminists, Marvel to Almost Include Captain Marvel in Avengers: Age of Ultron (SPOILERS)

Postby LOLtron » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm

According to a rumor, Carol Danvers was set to debut in the Avengers sequel, but the scene may be cut because the timing isn't right.

Source: Badass Digest

Great news, true believers! Marvel Studios, the movie company that can do no wrong, has taken another baby step on the road to making a female superhero movie! According to a report on Badass Digest, Carol Danvers, one of Marvel's most well-known female superheroes known as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel, is set to appear in one of the movie's closing scenes, establishing her for a possible solo movie in Marvel's cinematic Phase 3:

At the end of Age of Ultron Cap will assemble a team that is a mix of familiar and new faces, leading forward into Phase Three. It's an exciting mission statement for Marvel Studios, letting audiences know that the Avengers team is more than just the guys who were in the first film. The make-up of that team is, technically, up in the air until that scene is shot (I suspect it's being saved for either scheduled reshoots or will be snuck into the schedule of Captain America 3, which goes before cameras early next year), but Joss Whedon's script did indicate who would be on that team. I won't reveal all the names - and some have changed in between drafts, by the way - but one character who has always been in this new team is Captain Marvel.

Well, maybe we're being a bit hasty. You see, according to Devin Faraci, that was the plan, but it might not be any longer:

But now I'm hearing that Marvel has cold feet about including her in the film. Not because they're against the character - my sources assure me she is coming and it's very plausible she could be on the team in Avengers 3 - but because they're not certain they want to introduce her in this way. They basically aren't certain they want to just drop her into the MCU fully formed in a team movie.

In other words, "the timing isn't right" - the favorite excuse of superhero movie makers for why they would love to make a female superhero flick, but gosh darn it, the timing just isn't right for it. You see, when it comes to making a male superhero movie, timing is less important. Take Ant-Man, for instance. A film about a wife-beating nerd who can shrink himself and talk to bugs is box office gold that sells itself. It doesn't even matter who directs it. Marvel can just pump out whatever crap they feel like for Ant-Man, stick it in theaters, and rake in the cash.

But for a female superhero movie, you have to get the "timing" right, for reasons we can only assume are related to how delicate and fragile female superheroes are. And the timing isn't "right" right now. When will the timing be right? The timing isn't right to tell you. But hang in there, female superhero fans! Don't get your proverbial panties in a bunch. We're sure that one day the stars will align and one of the white men in charge of making all these superhero flicks will make one with a lead who isn't a white man. One day. When the timing is right.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 823 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: In Bid to Appease Feminists, Marvel to Almost Include Ca

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:27 pm

:-(
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 741 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Having a character shoe horned like hawkeye was in Thor will be a waste.

Introduce her in Cap 3 (like BW was in Iron Man 2) so she can be in avengers 3.

Why is there such an uproar over this?

HNutz likes this post.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1051 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Another question that isn't being asked is; who are these new Avengers? Just because Captain Marvel may or may not be on the team doesn't mean that we won't see the Wasp, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, etc. Plus, it's a pretty sold bet that the Scarlet Witch will probably become a member of the team as well.
ImageImageImage

HNutz likes this post.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Grayson wrote:Another question that isn't being asked is; who are these new Avengers? Just because Captain Marvel may or may not be on the team doesn't mean that we won't see the Wasp, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, etc. Plus, it's a pretty sold bet that the Scarlet Witch will probably become a member of the team as well.

Vision, Wanda, and quicksilver.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Caps Kooky quartet.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 823 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:45 pm

They have a huge roll call to play with.

I would just love to see certain favs hit the screen and Carol is one of them. Wonder Man is another along with She-Hulk.

Iron Man - check!
Thor - check!
Captain America - check!
The Vision - check!
Scarlet Witch - check!
Quicksilver - check!
Hawkeye - check!
Black Widow - check!
Ant-Man/Giant-Man - ?
The Wasp - ?
She-Hulk - ?
Wonderman - ?
Black Panther - ?
Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel - ?
Photon/Pulsar/Spectrum - ?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:46 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Vision, Wanda, and quicksilver.

Well yeah definitely those three but it can't just be them, can it? I would imagine that we'll get 2 or 3 surprise cameos alongside the predictable ones.
ImageImageImage

HNutz likes this post.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Grayson wrote:
Well yeah definitely those three but it can't just be them, can it? I would imagine that we'll get 2 or 3 surprise cameos alongside the predictable ones.

He had a kooky quartet.

senwolf
underclassman

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby senwolf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

I want a good captain marvel movie so much. I don't care of about her 15 seconds getting cut out of avengers 2 as long as they actually make a movie with her.
I hear that Joss Whedon has a good handle on powerful, blonde, female super heroes. Wonder if his schedule is about to clear up in the near future.
Yeah, Yeah, I know I will go draft my fantasy Marvel movie team over in the corner.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 291 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Now that they've built the Avengers (and the sequel will add to it), they should probably just keep it to characters who would have a lot of difficulty carrying their own movies or characters where the actors may want more money than Marvel is willing to spend on them.

Demarcoa
expert hobo killer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Demarcoa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:12 pm

Ah excellent. Looks like feminism has finally been achieved.

Thanks Marvel!

Demarcoa
expert hobo killer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Demarcoa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Grayson wrote:Another question that isn't being asked is; who are these new Avengers? Just because Captain Marvel may or may not be on the team doesn't mean that we won't see the Wasp, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, etc. Plus, it's a pretty sold bet that the Scarlet Witch will probably become a member of the team as well.

I think Mockingbird is a hard maybe, considering how I've heard she's going to show up on Agents of SHIELD

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby TimH » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:17 am

I want to see Bug of Kaliklak. I don't care if it makes sense.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:57 pm

TimH wrote:I want to see Bug of Kaliklak. I don't care if it makes sense.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Bug making at least a cameo in the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum