Advertisement

Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #522 (Bootlick Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #522 (Bootlick Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 pm

More thought-provoking stuff. I really like how T’Challa is thinking and second-guessing himself here. He’s often been accused of being too perfect, but nothing could be further from the truth here. But he’s still a bad-ass, the way he took down those cops was hardcore, and very well-drawn by Francavilla. Hate-Monger and American Panther are strong villains, and I’m glad that some of the on-the-noseness of last issue was toned down a bit. The scene where Hate-Monger forces American Panther to lick his boots was messed up.

Advertisement

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Re: Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #522 (Bootlick Spoil

Postby Greg » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:18 pm

The on-the-nose stuff was purely intentional, though, and I felt it worked for the issue and what the creators were going for. Just the whole aspect and basis was ridiculous and makes you think just how absurd and stupid a lot of hate can actually be. So it was played for very on-the-nose and funny purposes.

One thing I dig with the writer, though, is him poking fun and issues with the base of the story regarding T'Challa. Storm previously was questioning and making fun of T'Challa wanting to challenge himself and now this issue T'Challa finally deciding to stop trying to do Daredevil's job and do it his way. A lot of critique fans were having are being addressed in a pretty logical way with the story purposes.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 376 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #522 (Bootlick Spoil

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm really beginning to like American Panther as a villain. The single origin page was really strong and fully explained everything you need to know about why he has taken the actions he has. It should be interesting to see what happens with him when he gets out from under the influence of the Hate-Monger.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand